Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Order/Build Thread

pluggedin

I received my VIN and estimated build/delivery dates this afternoon so I am excited to start this thread on this forum. I'm just not sure how to go about it, so I hope it comes out right! Yahoo!!!

Model:  Ruby Red 2013 Ti Fusion Hybrid Plug-In (POS, RR, 800A, 13B, 18C, 53B, 55M, 90A, 60N)
Date Ordered: Monday, 11/5/12
Promised Delivery time: 12-20 weeks
VIN Available: 1/23/13
Window Sticker Available: 1/31/13 (http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0SU2DR242421) @ 8 am.
Scheduled Build Week: 2/4/13
Scheduled Build Date: 2/4/13-2/8/13
Actual Build Date: 2/7/13
Released from Factory for Shipping: Awaiting Shipment - Sent Offsite - 15-17j (Allied Systems Ltd ) Ford Hermosillo Assembly, SO Feb-14-2013, 03:52 MT-per Cyberdman.

Rail car ID available: 3/18/13
Estimated Delivery Date: 3/10/13 (as of 1/23/13)
Estimated Delivery Date: 3/26/13
Actual Delivery Date: 3/26/13
State: AZ

Edited by pluggedin

Just ordered tonight with X-plan.  Don't have VIN yet, but apparently orders are pulled on Thursdays, so I'm hoping my VIN is created tomorrow so I can fill in more fields below.  First Energi ordered from Framingham (MA) Ford.  Was quoted 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Model:  Ruby Red 2013 Fusion Energi SE w/Dune Leather (Moonroof, driver assist, adaptive cruise, park assist, reverse sense)
Date Ordered: Wednesday, 11/24/12
Promised Delivery time: 8-10 weeks
VIN Available: (orders pulled tomorrow?)
Window Sticker Available: ?
Scheduled Build Week: ?
Scheduled Build Date: TBD
Actual Build Date: TBD
Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD
Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date: ?
Estimated Delivery Date: 
Actual Delivery Date: TBD
State: MA

Just ordered tonight with X-plan.  Don't have VIN yet, but apparently orders are pulled on Thursdays, so I'm hoping my VIN is created tomorrow so I can fill in more fields below.  First Energi ordered from Framingham (MA) Ford.  Was quoted 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Model:  Ruby Red 2013 Fusion Energi SE w/Dune Leather (Moonroof, driver assist, adaptive cruise, park assist, reverse sense)

Date Ordered: Wednesday, 11/24/12

Promised Delivery time: 8-10 weeks

VIN Available: (orders pulled tomorrow?)

Window Sticker Available: ?

Scheduled Build Week: ?

Scheduled Build Date: TBD

Actual Build Date: TBD

Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD

Rail car ID available: TBD

Estimated Delivery Date: ?

Estimated Delivery Date: 

Actual Delivery Date: TBD

State: MA

Super rspray, congrats! Keep us updated on your progress. How willing was your dealer to accept X-Plan pricing? You are the first that I am aware of to use the plan.

Edited by pluggedin

rspray, so far I've found 2 Northern California dealers who say they are NOT selling Energis under X-Plan. I intend to tell them about Framingham Ford. Thanks for your post! And congratulations.

rspray, just to give you a tentative timeline, the parts for my car were pulled on 1/18 (original quote was 12/15) and I got my VIN plus scheduling yesterday, 1/23. From looking at posts on the C-Max Energi forum, the window sticker for their cars showed up anywhere from 10 days to three weeks.

rprobst, when I mentioned I wanted to use X-Plan pricing for my car my salesman reiterated his claim that his management team still intended to put $2,000 on top of MSRP for the Energi, plus their $1,394 dealer prep package. I did better than that so I am not holding my breath for X-Plan pricing. And, even if they agree to let me use it, I still have to use your method of getting a pin. Thanks for that, by the way.

Edited by pluggedin

when I mentioned I wanted to use X-Plan pricing for my car my salesman reiterated his claim that his management team still intended to put $2,000 on top of MSRP for the Energi, plus their $1,394 dealer prep package.

The 1st dealer I asked said they are not supporting X-Plan for Energi, but offered to sell me one at "only MSRP", without the additional markup they hope to charge other customers.

Not sure what X-Plan is, but local competition certainly works. I got written quotes and just rotated among the 5 dealers in the area and wound up with $300 over invoice (per KBB.com) no matter how I configured it.

I will note that it did start out as the MSRP only. I said ok, put that in writing. The first counter off from another Ford was -$500, original became -$750, competitor came back with invoice plus $500 (on a coin toss if you can believe it), and finally invoice + $300 and a set of mud flaps. :-)

Not sure what X-Plan is, but local competition certainly works. I got written quotes and just rotated among the 5 dealers in the area and wound up with $300 over invoice (per KBB.com) no matter how I configured it.

I will note that it did start out as the MSRP only. I said ok, put that in writing. The first counter off from another Ford was -$500, original became -$750, competitor came back with invoice plus $500 (on a coin toss if you can believe it), and finally invoice + $300 and a set of mud flaps. :-)

I love what you have done here and others in larger metro areas should take encouragement from your exercise. My situation is a little different...self imposed.

I live in a very small community south of Tucson and there is only one dealership in town, namely Ford. Other than the fact that I love the Fusion Energi, being able to drive 8 miles to have the car serviced as opposed to 35 miles, one way, was and is a huge factor in my buying a Ford.

I have had a Toyota Camry for going on 12 years and it has been the most trouble free car I have ever owned and I will now pass it on to my granddaughter who is graduating from a four year college in May and will be attending a college in San Diego next year with the intent of getting her doctorate in psychology. If the 2013 Camry came in a plug-in I might still buy another Toyota, EXCEPT for the 70 mile round trip thingy. The Prius is too small for me and would cost almost as much as the Energi anyway.

I've gone a long way around to say that I intend to support my local dealership and buy a Ford. What I told them was I would not shop them on price as long as I felt I was being treated fairly on the price they were asking for the car they are selling me. That still stands. What you have outlined will help me in that regard.

rspray, just to give you a tentative timeline, the parts for my car were pulled on 1/18 (original quote was 12/15) and I got my VIN plus scheduling yesterday, 1/23. From looking at posts on the C-Max Energi forum, the window sticker for their cars showed up anywhere from 10 days to three weeks.

rprobst, when I mentioned I wanted to use X-Plan pricing for my car my salesman reiterated his claim that his management team still intended to put $2,000 on top of MSRP for the Energi, plus their $1,394 dealer prep package. I did better than that so I am not holding my breath for X-Plan pricing. And, even if they agree to let me use it, I still have to use your method of getting a pin. Thanks for that, by the way.

Thanks for this timing.  I really hope the VIN is generated somewhat soon, as I'm kind of banking on getting the extra $1500 in customer cash (on top of X-plan), but salesman can't lock-in the incentive until the VIN is generated. Details: Program #12254:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 04/01/2013

As far as getting X-plan, I originally met salesman back in early December and told him I was interested in purchasing with X-plan.  He checked with his manager then, and they were OK with it. I was going to pitch a fit if they changed for some reason.  Since I was first order at this dealer (there are several electrified dealers in this state), they probably just want to get one in so they can see it.  Apparently the C-Max Energi's have been selling out quickly.

As far as getting X-plan, I originally met salesman back in early December and told him I was interested in purchasing with X-plan.  He checked with his manager then, and they were OK with it. I was going to pitch a fit if they changed for some reason.  Since I was first order at this dealer (there are several electrified dealers in this state), they probably just want to get one in so they can see it.  Apparently the C-Max Energi's have been selling out quickly.

I started working with the sales rep at my 1st dealer in December. He had a C-Max Energi for me to test drive. I told him I wanted to use X-Plan with a Fusion Energi and he checked with his sales manager and said they would do that. Last Sunday he said the same thing again, but added that he would need to get approval from his general manager on Monday -- and his GM said no. I pitched a minor fit, but don't really blame the sales rep. And now the finance manager at that dealer is looking into why the GM said no. It's their sale to have, if they want it.

I started working with the sales rep at my 1st dealer in December. He had a C-Max Energi for me to test drive. I told him I wanted to use X-Plan with a Fusion Energi and he checked with his sales manager and said they would do that. Last Sunday he said the same thing again, but added that he would need to get approval from his general manager on Monday -- and his GM said no. I pitched a minor fit, but don't really blame the sales rep. And now the finance manager at that dealer is looking into why the GM said no. It's their sale to have, if they want it.

Is there competition in the area?  If yes, that should do the trick.

Chuck

Sure, there are plenty of Ford dealers in Silicon Valley. I have heard back from 3 of them so far that they expect MSRP for a Fusion Energi. One said they were willing to sell it to me for just MSRP, and leave off their usual markup, because I'm such a good customer (I've been there for a couple of test drives).

I am still barking up the X-Plan tree, but if that doesn't work, I will switch to negotiating a price. The thing I liked about X-Plan is that there's no haggling. But if I have to haggle, I will.

Hello All

Monday night I went to one of the local Ford dealerships to place my order on a White Platnium energi Titanium. I would have posted sooner but unfortunately my ISP (uverse) has had issues the past week. Looking forward interacting with this community.

my new car... Have not heard back from the dealer yet on how long... just to expect about 2 months.  I did purchase on the xplan with $1500 rebate plus a $750 private rebate that Ford sent me directly ($2,250 in rebates!)

Model:  White Platinum 2013 Titanium Fusion Hybrid Plug-In (POS, UG, 800A, 13A, 13B, 53B, 90A, 60N)
Date Ordered: Monday, 1/21/13, order clean and unscheduled
Promised Delivery time:  ??
VIN Available: ??
Window Sticker Available: ??
Scheduled Build Week: ??
Scheduled Build Date: TBD
Actual Build Date: TBD
Released from Factory for Shipping: TBD
Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date:
Actual Delivery Date: TBD
State: NC

Edited by meyersnole

Hello All

Monday night I went to one of the local Ford dealerships to place my order on a White Platnium energi Titanium. I would have posted sooner but unfortunately my ISP (uverse) has had issues the past week. Looking forward interacting with this community.

my new car... Have not heard back from the dealer yet on how long... just to expect about 2 months.  I did purchase on the xplan with $1500 rebate plus a $750 private rebate that Ford sent me directly ($2,250 in rebates!)

Wow, way to wade in meyersnole!! Welcome and congratulations on the X pricing...more fuel for the fire for the rest of us when we get turned down.

Great news! Glad you could get X-Plan pricing. How did you do that? I have heard from 3 California dealers that they are not offering X-Plan prices for Fusion Energi. But in North Carolina and Massachusetts, dealers are supporting this program. Wonder what the difference is?

Actually I have several certified Ford dealerships in the area that were all willing to take it. It is up to the dealer, but all seemed happy with my business. We do not have the same local incentives in North Carolina that you have in California, so maybe that is the difference? (The dealerships think they will have no issues selling them there?)

As far as the price goes, it was pretty substantial. About $3000 to start and then each of the options were cheaper too. It was even cheaper then the price I configured on the xplan site by a few hundred. What really surprised me is that I could use both rebates, the $1500 that Ford published (only $500 for the hybrid) and another $750 that they sent me in the mail the week before I bought the car because I signed up for them to send me a brochure on the car.

I would say keep shoping around till you find a dealer who will take it if you qualify. It would be worth a significant drive.

Actually I have several certified Ford dealerships in the area that were all willing to take it. It is up to the dealer, but all seemed happy with my business. We do not have the same local incentives in North Carolina that you have in California, so maybe that is the difference? (The dealerships think they will have no issues selling them there?)

As far as the price goes, it was pretty substantial. About $3000 to start and then each of the options were cheaper too. It was even cheaper then the price I configured on the xplan site by a few hundred. What really surprised me is that I could use both rebates, the $1500 that Ford published (only $500 for the hybrid) and another $750 that they sent me in the mail the week before I bought the car because I signed up for them to send me a brochure on the car.

I would say keep shoping around till you find a dealer who will take it if you qualify. It would be worth a significant drive.

First of all, meyersnole, thank you for sharing your information but let see if I am understanding you right.

When you say "about $3,000 to start" does that mean the X-Plan price was $3,000 less then MSRP to start and then you received the Ford published $1,500 plus another $750 in a coupon (or whatever) for a total of $5,250 off of MSRP? If so, that is REALLY substantial and puts the price of the car under what Kelley Blue Book says is dealer invoice.

That $1,500, 3 payments, cash back was not on the Ford site when the Energi first hit their site a week or so ago. I looked.

Edited by pluggedin

First of all, meyersnole, thank you for sharing your information but let see if I am understanding you right.

When you say "about $3,000 to start" does that mean the X-Plan price was $3,000 less then MSRP to start and then you received the Ford published $1,500 plus another $750 in a coupon (or whatever) for a total of $5,250 off of MSRP? If so, that is REALLY substantial and puts the price of the car under what Kelley Blue Book says is dealer invoice.

That $1,500, 3 payments, cash back was not on the Ford site when the Energi first hit their site a week or so ago. I looked.

My deal in 01760 was $2230 under MSRP with X-plan (SE, but Titanium looks about the same), each option was discounted ~5%, then $1500 customer cash on purchase.  There were some good financing options as well, like 0% for 48 or 0.9% for 60, but I'm still mulling those over and don't have to lock in yet.  Wish I'd got the coupon...