Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Charge light ring issue

jsamp

So when I picked up my used 2015 Energi, I didn't notice that one quadrant of the light ring was out.  It's a CPO so I can get that replaced.  What happened a couple weeks later has me baffled. 

I was changing all sorts of settings through the touch screen, and one was the light ring settings.  It was "on" but the other option was "limited" which I selected in order to get a description of what that setting was.  After reading it and deciding I didn't want that setting, I put it back to "on".  Ever since then, it is acting as though the setting is on "limited", meaning it won't light up while charging to indicate how full the charge is.  It just blinks briefly when plugging in and that's it.  I've changed it several times but it doesn't act accordingly.

I even tried "reset to factory settings" (which eliminated all the settings I had changed) but it still acts the same.  It is set to "on" but doesn't act that way.

Similarly, no matter what I select, I can't get the backup "beeping" to go silent (has backup camera).  Which setting is supposed to turn that off?

Any other suggestions?  Any similar experiences?

Do you have value charge setup?  It will cycle the 4 quads and go out until it starts to charge.  As far as the beeping.  When I put my car in reverse, the left screen pops up with "Rear park aid" on/off  and can turn this off at that time.  Otherwise I'm sure it is in the settings on that left display for you to turn that on/off.

No, I do not have value charging on.  It was working fine before (light ring cycled twice around before indicating charging).

Left screen is where I've been turning off the backup beeper, but it seems to turn itself back on each time I start the car.  I'll have to read more in the manual to see if there is a way to permanently turn it off.

• 1 month later...

When mine charges and it gets full, the ring light will go out and you can hear the fan decrease as well.  However, the light on the charger is still blinking.  I was told by the dealer that this means it is now charging the 12 volt battery in the trunk, and you should leave it plugged in until all the charging is finished.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

So a couple of days ago when I plugged in, the light ring did it's cycle (2x around) and was acting correctly.  I didn't change a single setting, I just plugged it in.  Can't for the life of my figure out why it stopped working a couple months ago, then suddenly started working again the other day.  So far it's been 3-4 days and it is working right.

Now I probably jinxed it.

• 1 year later...

My 2014 Ford Fusion Energi has the flashing ring since 76k. First Ford dealer said it was my charger. They didn't know the first thing about the car. The next Ford dealer was a hybrid certified garage. First visit they said charging port needs to be replaced. I replaced it. Still not working. Brought it back, now they're guessing the SOBDM. I've taken 3 days off and $204 for diagnosis. Guess what brand I'm not going to buy my next electric car from.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Hey Folks,

just to weigh my $.02 here.  I’ve owned a Nissan Leaf before this, and they too were prone to having these minor issues. Its not just Ford.  This is still a very new market, and different technology than the auto industry is used to handling. Given time, they will get better at handling these glitches, but I wouldn’t expect these cars or any manufacturers for that matter to be glitch free.  That said, this is my second energi, and I still consider this car to be the best in its class.