Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Got My VIN/Build Week/Estimated Delivery Today

pluggedin

Looks like mine is "In Transit". My Visibility Report says it is in Nogales, AZ on ETTX 710309, but it also says there is a delay "Mechanical Failure". So maybe that is a general delay slow many. A call to CSX 800 also says it in in AZ. I'll check again later tonight.

Looks like mine is behind yours by a bit Peter.

Even with a slight delay that is very good news. I'm excited for both you and Peter.

Looks like mine is "In Transit". My Visibility Report says it is in Nogales, AZ on ETTX 710309, but it also says there is a delay "Mechanical Failure". So maybe that is a general delay slow many. A call to CSX 800 also says it in in AZ. I'll check again later tonight.

Looks like mine is behind yours by a bit Peter.

I had this on my car too.  Only delayed by like 10-12 hours.  I'm sure you'll be moving by tomorrow!

Jeff ( is that they appropriate name to use?)

Have you figured out the MD deal on excise tax? When I brought it up a month ago at Sheehy they did not have a clue. The way I view it we will have to pay, then submit and get reimbursed from the state. I have the form (VR-334 downloaded from the state's website)

Jeff ( is that they appropriate name to use?)

Have you figured out the MD deal on excise tax? When I brought it up a month ago at Sheehy they did not have a clue. The way I view it we will have to pay, then submit and get reimbursed from the state. I have the form (VR-334 downloaded from the state's website)

Peter, either Jeff or JD is fine.

I have been working to educate Sheehy for the last few months :). Who is your salesmen? Mine is Mike Engelmann. He knows a lot about Sync and pretty good on C-Max and Lincolns. I think he and I are learning about the 2013 Fusion together. But he is pretty cool. He invited my down to sit in on the Fusion Hybrid class a Ford Rep gave the salesmen. He also calls or emails when there is anything new or interesting going on.

But I did have to figure out all of the incentives, rebates and credits (you would think that would be a big selling point). The MD excise rebate covers the MD tax up to $2000. You submit the form right after purchase and it takes about 7 days to get the check. At least that is what MD MVA told me.

My salesperson is Ralphael  (leave out the last name). I think my initial interactions with him somehow soured the process, he seems reluctant to "engage" with me. He does not volunteer anything and only responds with one line answers whenever I ask, and furthermore, does not volunteer information unless I ask. He is ( or rather was at the time) not really well informed about the energi.  I would think they would be much more energetic (pun intended) about getting the excitement out there.  Also you would think that they would know about Federal and State incentives (both car and EVSE, for  Focus-electric,  C-Max and the fusion) and really push those as a positive. I had to send Ralphael the VR-334 form and even then he did not acknowledge receiving it

Took delivery today!  

I'll take some pics later tomorrow.  Window tint and HID's going on tomorrow!

I took delivery late yesterday afternoon...got home at 9:08 pm. I'm pooped. But I'm a proud owner :shift:

Tint this morning and will order molded mudflaps. Also had the Ford L2 charger installed yesterday, in the morning. Looks very clean.

Pix of both as time allows :camera:

I got the Siemens versicharge L2 and had Borland electric install ( a bit more $$ than I anticipated but...... but he had to do more wiring and connecting than I had thought) ). They previous had done a good job installing my back up generator.  They had just also installed another EVSE for a Tesla S owner in Germantown.,  Now if only I had a car ........ I keep wanting to plug the charger  into something to test it out

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all, fIrst time posting here.

We ordered my Bordeaux Reserve Fusion Energi Titanium on 1/18/2013.

I ordered it through my local sales person who had to order it through an affiliated dealership because our local one was not able to sell Plug-ins yet.

Last Monday, my salesman told me it was already built and was in Arizona and had an estimated delivery date of April 24 2013, but did not have the VIN for me.  I had asked him if he could get that information for me, but he never got back to me.

Today I called him back and asked him once again and he told me he would call me back once he got a response from the other dealership.

He just called me back and gave me the VIN and told me that they just sent him a picture of the VIN because the car was already physically on the lot!  He's going to head up there and see what needs to be done with the car before we can take possession, but we should be getting our new Fusion this week!

He said he was going to send me pictures once he gets there and puts his hands on it.  He's as excited as I am lol he's not seen one yet.

edit:  Here is my Window Sticker: http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0SU5DR284887

Edited by Ashamam

I ordered my car back on 01/27, was submitted to ford on 01/29... and as of yesterday, I FINALLY have a VIN.  But nothing else.  Hahaha.  I'm just hoping I see it sometime in May.

Dealer gave you a VIN but not a scheduled build week/day?  From looking at the cyberdman threads they appear to go hand-in-hand... if you don't have a scheduled build week, take the VIN and open a chat window on the Ford build & price site and ask if they a scheduled buid date.  That's worked for a couple people who've posted to that effect.

Edited by jeff_h

Hello all, fIrst time posting here.

We ordered my Bordeaux Reserve Fusion Energi Titanium on 1/18/2013.

I ordered it through my local sales person who had to order it through an affiliated dealership because our local one was not able to sell Plug-ins yet.

Last Monday, my salesman told me it was already built and was in Arizona and had an estimated delivery date of April 24 2013, but did not have the VIN for me.  I had asked him if he could get that information for me, but he never got back to me.

Today I called him back and asked him once again and he told me he would call me back once he got a response from the other dealership.

He just called me back and gave me the VIN and told me that they just sent him a picture of the VIN because the car was already physically on the lot!  He's going to head up there and see what needs to be done with the car before we can take possession, but we should be getting our new Fusion this week!

He said he was going to send me pictures once he gets there and puts his hands on it.  He's as excited as I am lol he's not seen one yet.

edit:  Here is my Window Sticker: http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=3FA6P0SU5DR284887

A nice story...welcome to the forum Ashamam! Just think of all the agony you were spared in trying to figure out when your car would be built, shipped and delivered. It all just sort of happened at once. Let us know when you take delivery.