Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Got My VIN/Build Week/Estimated Delivery Today

pluggedin

Are these Energi SE or Energi Ti getting built. So far I've only seen SE's coming into dealer stock in Central Texas. The two Ti VINs are unscheduled (3fa6p0su8dr241760 & 3fa6p0suxdr241761). I am temped to see if I can get cyberd to run one just to see.

I thought the last word we had was Energi Ti scheduled 2/14 for 3/4 builds.

Edited by shaggy314

Etis says 3FA6P0SU2DR242421 isn't built yet... wha? Are you sure?

Well, it does give a build date of 2/7/13 on Etis for ...242421 but when I checked with my dealer they said the unit is "Bucked". According to the definition I have for bucked that means the frame is on a buck that is used to roll it down the line and that it is READY for production. Produced=unit is built. So.....

Makes sense, I guess, because when you look at other units that have been built, on Etis, everything that went onto the car is listed. Nothing is listed for ...242421, other than a build date. The way it looks to me is the car should be on the production line today.

Not quite as rosey a picture as it thought earlier.

Edited by pluggedin

Are these Energi SE or Energi Ti getting built. So far I've only seen SE's coming into dealer stock in Central Texas. The two Ti VINs are unscheduled (3fa6p0su8dr241760 & 3fa6p0suxdr241761). I am temped to see if I can get cyberd to run one just to see.

I thought the last word we had was Energi Ti scheduled 2/14 for 3/4 builds.

I have only checked one dealer-stock VIN, and it was an Energi Titanium, built on Jan 30th.

Checked this one because it's for my local dealer, and the car has all the options I want (plus). But meanwhile I have ordered from a different dealer.

Makes sense, I guess, because when you look at other units that have been built, on Etis, everything that went onto the car is listed. Nothing is listed for ...242421, other than a build date. The way it looks to me is the car should be on the production line today.

Not quite as rosey a picture as it thought earlier.

I think this is normal and things really are rosy for you - the build date shows up in Etis but all the attributes don't show up for a few days after that, don't know why but that's how it is.

My build week was scheduled for week of Dec 4th, so I asked for a cyberdman update and he gave me one on the morning of Dec 10th of "in production - trim line" and then it finished on Dec 11th and that is what shows in Etis.  So if you have a date in Etis for your VIN, I think you're good to do and now at the whims of the transport system -- but don't get too excited, not sure of the rhyme or reason of when they get into rail cars, seems like some get right on and some sit there for days or longer...so all you can do is ask for a cyberdman update once you are eligible for an update according to the posted rules.

Thank you for those encouraging words jeff_h, your personal experience helped.

I spoke with my salesman a few minutes ago and he said the car will pass right through Tucson, once on a train, and end up in Phoenix. From there they will truck it back down to Tucson. I can hear the train going through the valley below us in the early mornings so I may go down and wave at my car as passes through, ha.

I notice it you just 3 days shy of a month to take delivery of your car after it was built. I think they estimated delivery to me on 3/10/13, so delivery to me may be close to that.

I notice it you just 3 days shy of a month to take delivery of your car after it was built. I think they estimated delivery to me on 3/10/13, so delivery to me may be close to that.

Well there were a couple other factors with mine - first, yes it was built on Dec 11th but when I then asked for a cyberdman update on the 18th or 19th, the status was "re-released - Dec 15" so I assume that there was an issue with it that needed tweaking (and since I noticed after delivery that the fuse box lid was not fastened on either side I guess a fuse was bad?)... second, you're in AZ and I'm in VA, so there are several more "conjunction junctions" to go through before mine went from train to truck just south of Richmond, so lots more time too.   But it sounds like you are well on your way, hope to read that it's on a train soon, or evern arrived!

Edited by jeff_h

Going off of pluggedin's vin#, I incremeted the end number in Excel, made them hyperlinks, and started looking for my Fusion. I suspect I have a VIN, but won't find out until tomorrow when I go to my dealer (All the important people had Friday off...) Only found 2 Energi's in the range of about 750 VINs past pluggedin's Energi.

I wonder if this is mine: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0SU2DR242483

I would expect to see my name on the sticker, like in past dealer orders, but this is a new sticker format.

Is anyone familiar with any codes that might help me figure out where this car is going???

Edited by Mr. Fusion

Going off of pluggedin's vin#, I incremeted the end number in Excel, made them hyperlinks, and started looking for my Fusion. I suspect I have a VIN, but won't find out until tomorrow when I go to my dealer (All the important people had Friday off...) Only found 2 Energi's in the range of about 750 VINs past pluggedin's Energi.

I wonder if this is mine: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=3FA6P0SU2DR242483

I would expect to see my name on the sticker, like in past dealer orders, but this is a new sticker format.

Is anyone familiar with any codes that might help me figure out where this car is going???

Another way I have been watching is to see what is coming into the dealership. Not sure which dealership you ordered from, so you will have to change the link to yours... http://www.inventory.ford.com/dealer/University-Ford-Inc-06634/dealerLot?zipcode=44124&model=Fusion&year=2013&segment=Car&modeltrim=Fusion_F02-TPH

Great idea, thanks.

This shows that my dealer has 2 SE's on order with VIN dates of 1/23 and 2/6

I was the first to order one from them, so I'm guessing I must have a VIN assigned and probably not showing up in dealer inventory because it's a customer order.

Is it confirmed that they aren't building Titanium's yet??? Or were late releasing them?

Edited by Mr. Fusion

The VIN you posted is going to Michael Stead's Hilltop Ford in Richmond, CA. See it here: http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/hilltopfordsales/new-inventory?_eventId_vehicledetails=true&vin=3FA6P0SU2DR242483&modelId=289&dealerPACode=00669.

I did notice that my car showed up in my dealers online inventory the day somewhere between the time I got my VIN and the build date.

It's hard for me to understand why your dealer hasn't given you a status report on your car, if you have asked them for it. Even if it doesn't have a VIN yet they can tell you if it is delayed (and why), scheduled, parts pulled, etc. Be the squeaky wheel. Ask for a Vehicle Visibility Report.

Edited by pluggedin

I'm pretty sure PluggedIn's order is a Dealer Stock order (which the dealer is not really suppose to do, but I wish mine did that). From what I have been told, Ford produces their Dealer Stock first, then the Customer orders. I really feel this is not the way they should do it, and if I see a dealer stock order they way I want it, I will get that one (even if I have to switch dealers) and cancel my order.

I am still trying to figure out why there is a Job #1 and a job #2. Usually that means a change in production, but I am not sure in this case. And how long before they move to Job #2 (which is where my order is).

Interesting Taylorjd -- I was told the exact opposite by my dealer yesterday. He said that all customer orders received the higher priority over dealer orders. Of course it could be up to the dealer to assign priority and therefore will change dealership to dealership.

I was reading something (I think on blue oval) a few weeks back where they were trying to explain this, but I cant seem to find it.  Basically they said the dealer put their priority on it but that all got reset when accepted by Ford. Based on dealership allocation (size), what was currently running down the line, and parts availability.

Unfortunately this car is popular. I try not to think about the wait, but its hard especially when I pop on here everyday to see what is going on. My dealer is telling me it might be another 6 weeks before I see a VIN (Uggggh)

Just found another thread that somewhat explains order priority, and confirms what my dealer told me. Seems that the price for my xplan discount is priority 19. Not that worried though as I don't think there are that many orders coming from this dealership.  Basically says that Ford (regional managers or corporate can set priority below 10, customer orders are set at 10-19, and dealer inventory is set in the 20s. 

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/44550-order-priority-number/

I'm pretty sure PluggedIn's order is a Dealer Stock order (which the dealer is not really suppose to do, but I wish mine did that). From what I have been told, Ford produces their Dealer Stock first, then the Customer orders. I really feel this is not the way they should do it, and if I see a dealer stock order they way I want it, I will get that one (even if I have to switch dealers) and cancel my order. I am still trying to figure out why there is a Job #1 and a job #2. Usually that means a change in production, but I am not sure in this case. And how long before they move to Job #2 (which is where my order is).

My car, as it appears on the dealers web page, is denoted as Dealer Ordered (with a little S13 attached to it, whatever that means).

Keeping in mind what meyersnole just said above, the order entry form that I was given when I negotiated my price shows my car as Priority 20 and Order Type 2.

Now, I do know that the order number that is on my paperwork is not the same order number as the order that the dealer submitted to Ford. That order number is different, so it may be that my Priority and Order Type was changed when the dealer submitted their order.

If the Priority and Order Type stayed the same, then my car was submitted as dealer inventory and Job 2 (I'm guessing about this part). If they were not supposed to do that, I'm glad they did...for more reasons that one.

If it caused my car to get here quicker I am more than just okay with it. Secondly, since I negotiated my price WAY before any incentives were born I am going to revisit that issue and if they tell me I can't use the incentives because I have to buy a car from stock to use them, I will bring to their attention that everything about the car shows it to be a dealer inventory vehicle. Right now I see about $3,250 in incentives I can use.

If that doesn't work I'll walk away from car and you guys can buy it.

Edited by pluggedin