Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Got My VIN/Build Week/Estimated Delivery Today

pluggedin

And I have finally found the other post I referred to earlier that explains the ordering process in detail. This looks to be written by a dealership employee. Enjoy.  http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

Great info link! More and different from what my salesman said...I'll have to have a talk with him . I have priority 19 (and it is X-Plan) and Job #2.

Has anyone seen any VINs for deep Impact Blue Energi Titaniums yet?

No, there are VINs for Titanium Energi's with build dates as early as January 29th. etis says these things are being built.

We are finding VINs for many Fusion Energi Titaniums and some with build dates of 02/07/2013! So they are building. I contacted a factory worker in Mexico who also confirms that. And Ford has said that too.

Edited by Taylorjd

When did you first place the order? Maybe this was changed later? I would check back.

I have an order received date of 1/15/2013 and no VIN.

My salesman said I'm the first to order one, but I'm starting to wonder if the dealer had these in earlier for stock. Apparently only the owner knows what's going on over there.

I was just told to keep waiting.

Also just noticed I have a priority of 12 on my DORA

Edited by Mr. Fusion

I have an order received date of 1/15/2013 and no VIN.

My salesman said I'm the first to order one, but I'm starting to wonder if the dealer had these in earlier for stock. Apparently only the owner knows what's going on over there.

I was just told to keep waiting.

Also just noticed I have a priority of 12 on my DORA

For those that haven't seen the article linked below, it's several years old but still interesting and probably still pretty accurate too since I doubt Ford's ordering system has changed much in the past few years -- their order system screen sure looks pretty dated.

http://greenhybrid.com/discuss/f61/ford-dealer-discusses-orders-allocation-19747/

What is the difference between Job 1 and Job 2? My order as Order Type X, Priority 10 and Job #2.

Thanks,

APM

I am still learning all of this too, Job 2 should be a production change from Job 1, so what Jeff_h said makes some sense. A Priority of 10 is the best your dealer can do and it only means that if for example if your dealer ordered 3, one w priority of 10, one with priority of 15 and one with a priority of 50, the 10 should get built first for that dealer. If mine had three set one at 19, and two at 20. Then the 19 would be before the 20s, but could be before your dealers 10. In other words they do not matter except within your dealers lineup. PS: 19 is used a lot for X-Plan priced, but does not have to.

I am still learning all of this too, Job 2 should be a production change from Job 1, so what Jeff_h said makes some sense. A Priority of 10 is the best your dealer can do and it only means that if for example if your dealer ordered 3, one w priority of 10, one with priority of 15 and one with a priority of 50, the 10 should get built first for that dealer. If mine had three set one at 19, and two at 20. Then the 19 would be before the 20s, but could be before your dealers 10. In other words they do not matter except within your dealers lineup. PS: 19 is used a lot for X-Plan priced, but does not have to.

Oh but it is worse than that. You can get priority 20's going before the 19 IF the 19 has an item the dealership in question doesn't have allocation for... (engine type/size, trim level, whatever, or God help us, color). Yeah the priority, for the most part, is for the dealership (10-999), but then Ford comes in and allocation is first. The more sales, the more allocation. /crossesfingersforWednesday

Job #2 is the second build of a model.  This may include some option changes or enhancements.

All Fusion Energi's will move to priority #1 prior to being "pulled" for a build week/date.  So if your Fusion is a 10 (Retail order) or a 20+(stock order), you will know when it is going to be pulled when it moved to priority #1.

This only the case for electric/plug in vehicles, not for any other model currently.

Edited by jberger

I'm pretty sure PluggedIn's order is a Dealer Stock order (which the dealer is not really suppose to do, but I wish mine did that). From what I have been told, Ford produces their Dealer Stock first, then the Customer orders. I really feel this is not the way they should do it, and if I see a dealer stock order they way I want it, I will get that one (even if I have to switch dealers) and cancel my order. I am still trying to figure out why there is a Job #1 and a job #2. Usually that means a change in production, but I am not sure in this case. And how long before they move to Job #2 (which is where my order is).

I also checked with my dealer. He confirmed that customer orders do come first, but for some reason they are filling stock orders first for the fusion energi. My dealer said if they would have know that they would have made it a dealer stock order instead of a retail order. :rant2:

Still a priority 10 for now.

Are they fulfilling dealer stock first because of the rule that they need an Energi at the dealer at all times to be a certified EV dealer?

No, and the Dealer isn't required to have an Energi, they can have a Focus Electric also.  At first it was required to have 1 in "Demo" status, but I was told by my rep that isn't a requirement anymore.  So, that basically means Ford isn't going to police whether you have one in stock or not, so they really don't care if a Dealer sells out.

Energi's are considered "specialty" right now, so it doesn't matter if it was a retail order or stock, other than the fact that a good Factory Rep will make sure the retail orders get pulled first.

I ordered my Fusion energi titanium about a month ago My dealer (mid atlantic) says that they are not building yet and cannot get me a VIN number and does not know when.  Given the topics on this forum I find that difficult to understand. How many folks have ordered and have  VIN number and delivery dates already?.  Also does anyone know if an "ordered" vehicle will disqualify us from the $1500 Ford incentive

Thanks

I ordered my Fusion energi titanium about a month ago My dealer (mid atlantic) says that they are not building yet and cannot get me a VIN number and does not know when.  Given the topics on this forum I find that difficult to understand. How many folks have ordered and have  VIN number and delivery dates already?.  Also does anyone know if an "ordered" vehicle will disqualify us from the $1500 Ford incentive

Thanks

Any available factory rebates at the time of ordering can be used even at delivery even if they are expired.  The Dealer has to print a "Vincent" (Current rebates) at the time of ordering on a like vehicle.  If the incentives have gone down at the time of delivery, the old rebates are "locked".  The Dealer has to upload proof of order and available rebates at the time of order, and Ford will honor them.

Any available factory rebates at the time of ordering can be used even at delivery even if they are expired.  The Dealer has to print a "Vincent" (Current rebates) at the time of ordering on a like vehicle.  If the incentives have gone down at the time of delivery, the old rebates are "locked".  The Dealer has to upload proof of order and available rebates at the time of order, and Ford will honor them.

My salesman told me this and added that if the rebates are somehow better then I can use those. I have the rebates written into my bill of sale, which makes me feel pretty good on at least that topic. (Would still like to see a scheduled build date and VIN).

My salesman told me this and added that if the rebates are somehow better then I can use those. I have the rebates written into my bill of sale, which makes me feel pretty good on at least that topic. (Would still like to see a scheduled build date and VIN).

Nice job there meyersnole, you're the only one I can recall that has their rebates written into the contract. Memories sometimes become short at the end of the sale.

I also got by Vin # and build date today ( for Maryland)

Model: Bordeaux Red 2013 Ti icon1.png Hybrid (Energi) Plug-In
Date Ordered: Dec
Promised Delivery time: 12-20 weeks
VIN Available: 2/22
Window Sticker Available:
Scheduled Build Week: 3/13

Scheduled Build Date:
Actual Build Date:
Released from Factory for Shipping:

Rail car ID available: TBD
Estimated Delivery Date:

Estimated Delivery Date: