Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Can't seem to confirm my car

mfm confirmation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mcyhanick

mcyhanick

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationMaryland
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE Luxury
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

Hey all, I am new to these parts but not without a question. I am sure someone here knows what to do...

I just bought a used 2014 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury with 40k miles on it at my local ford dealer. I attempted to add my vehicle to my own myford mobile account and I currently have the step 3 confirmation stage showing when I click on my car in MFM.

Its been 2 days and I still have yet to see this elusive screen its promising me will show up. I can't confirm the car so I can enable MFM tracking.

Any ideas what i can do to help it out? I was reading that some people pull a fuse? Not sure which one if that's really the fix.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:46 AM

Hey all, I am new to these parts but not without a question. I am sure someone here knows what to do...

I just bought a used 2014 Ford Fusion Energi SE Luxury with 40k miles on it at my local ford dealer. I attempted to add my vehicle to my own myford mobile account and I currently have the step 3 confirmation stage showing when I click on my car in MFM.

Its been 2 days and I still have yet to see this elusive screen its promising me will show up. I can't confirm the car so I can enable MFM tracking.

Any ideas what i can do to help it out? I was reading that some people pull a fuse? Not sure which one if that's really the fix.

The important question is was the recall installed to replace the now useless 2G data modem with a 3G data modem?

Turn the car on

Press the gear icon in the center screen

Press the Help icon

Press System Information

Press down arrow

Does the CPPM ESN: entry start with the letterT

If it does not, the recall has not been performed.  AT&T shut down its 2G network 12/31/2016.  Communication with the car is not possible anymore with a 2G modem.

See your dealer for the recall and make sure he understands that he is not installing a replacement 2G modem.  It must be a brand new 3G modem.

There is no charge for this recall.

IF it does start with the letter T pulling fuse 10 for a few minutes will reset the data modem.  The fuse panel is above the left side of the driver's feet.  It is extremely difficult to get to.  A much easier approach is to disconnect the negative lead of the 12 volt battery in the trunk.  The only downside is the engine loses its learned timings and has to relearn them.

Edited by murphy, 26 September 2017 - 05:51 AM.
additional information

• jj2me likes this

#3 OFFLINE   mcyhanick

mcyhanick

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

sure enough my CPPM ESN is NE000GGE so thats probably a 2G unit then?

#4 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,822 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

sure enough my CPPM ESN is NE000GGE so thats probably a 2G unit then?

Yes, off to the dealer to make him do what he should have done before he sold the car to you.

Go to

https://owner.ford.com

and create an account if you don't already have one.  That website will display all of the outstanding recalls for your car.

Tell him that you want all of them done.  There is no charge for installing recalls.

There may be one that is just a warranty extension for the APIM.  That one only applies if your APIM module fails.

• mcyhanick likes this

#5 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 47 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationPeoria, IL
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 28 September 2017 - 02:24 PM

Read about the Tesla Gigafactgory...   www.tesla.com/gigafactory

641076.png

#6 OFFLINE   mcyhanick

mcyhanick

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:50 AM

Scheduled my car for recall repairs. Turns out I had 2 recalls and those 2 warranty repairs. One for a seat belt issue, another for a door latch, the modem and the apim.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mfm, confirmation

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·