Ford Fusion Energi Forum

How to Track Ford Factory Car Orders

meyersnole

The link isn't accurate. It says "On the top of our window sticker example above you will see the numbers 220110215. The first number 2 means "to be built", the next four digits are the year, next two are the month, and last two are the day." I looked up the 4 Energi SE window stickers that are on order in my area. None of them had this date code in the number it was a different sequence that wasn't a nice date as indicated. Give it a shot: The four VINs coming to central Texas are: 3fa6p0pu6dr234735, 3fa6p0pu2dr234733, 3fa6p0pu0dr234732, 3fa6p0pu9dr234700; all Energi SE, nobody's lot ordering Titaniums yet.

Although once you have a VIN number, it's my understanding that you should be able to get a build date from the same person supplying your VIN.

The link isn't accurate. It says "On the top of our window sticker example above you will see the numbers 220110215. The first number 2 means "to be built", the next four digits are the year, next two are the month, and last two are the day." I looked up the 4 Energi SE window stickers that are on order in my area. None of them had this date code in the number it was a different sequence that wasn't a nice date as indicated. Give it a shot: The four VINs coming to central Texas are: 3fa6p0pu6dr234735, 3fa6p0pu2dr234733, 3fa6p0pu0dr234732, 3fa6p0pu9dr234700; all Energi SE, nobody's lot ordering Titaniums yet.

Although once you have a VIN number, it's my understanding that you should be able to get a build date from the same person supplying your VIN.

I went to that site a few months ago and looked at those codes on several window stickers, and you're right, that info is good for Jack... squat.

Once you get your VIN, an accurate site to check your build date once completed is www.etis.ford.com  -- if the car is not yet built the build date will be 30.11.0002 or something like that.  But once it has been built the actual date will normally show up in Etis the next day, maybe second day after.  And this is a global site so the date format is reversed from what you're probably accustomed, and no the VIN does not go to a Transit Connect, don't worry.

Great info shaggy314. Jeff_h im in va also, when do you think you may be getting yours?

I already have my SE Hybrid, have had it for 3 weeks... thinking of maybe an Energi for my wife if the trunk is spacious enough for her, but won't be anytime in the next 6 months... so for now I'm just living vicariously through you all!