Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Ford's recalls unprofessional, reduce appearance and resale value

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   openair

openair

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 480 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationOntario
  • Current Vehicle:2014 fusion energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:52 PM

I finally let a local Ev certified dealership complete the telematics recall a few months back. I had waited a long time after it became available as my old modem still worked for awhile longer here in Canada then those in the states. However even after waiting months to get this done the interior trim that was removed for the recall was not replaced at that time. They claimed to have broken the clips and had no spares. Being busy with overtime it was as about a month before I got back in to have them replace it. It came lose again about 1.5 months ago and I just picked up the vehicle after taking it in for some general maintenance and asked them to fix this again. The paperwork states that any trim removed for the recall is "tight and secure." The pics below show that it is visibly hanging with a large gap between this panel and the next. It was not like this before the recall. Anyone interested in buying the vehicle is going to be turned off by the ugliness. A recall that only partially restored functionality of MFM and reduced the appearance and resale value is exactly what I've come to expect from Ford and they don't disappoint!

Attached Files

Edited by openair, 15 November 2017 - 04:02 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   My14Energi

My14Energi

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 85 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

I still havent had mine replaced. This just gives me more reason to not get it done along with the fact that even the new ones arent always working properly. Seems Ford jumped the gun with this particular technology without the proper support.

#3 OFFLINE   reynolds1029

reynolds1029

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationKingston, NY
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 28 November 2017 - 02:55 PM

Just got mine done. They broke a clip for the Rear Defroster wiring harness. They winded up replacing the whole rear glass and gave me a loaner in the meantime. The glass company that installed it left a couple of small scratches on the bottom corner where the glass joins the body. You can barely notice it but I will just use some touch up paint to cover it up. Before this MFM did not work for me. It seems to be Ford's techs aren't very experienced with this recall repair.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·