Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Just bought a used 2017 Energi Platinum

BronsonBGA

I've had two all electric cars, a Nissan Leaf from 2013 to 2014 and a Ford Fusion Electric from 2014 until October of 2017. As much as I loved driving all electric and "refueling" in the comfort of my own garage, I wanted something more versatile. As I could not afford a Tesla, I opted for something like the Energi or a Volt. I spent much of this summer looking at Volts and Energis. I liked the Volt but found the back seat to be a bit tight. 

I really liked the Fusion Energi, and when I stumbled on the Platinum trim, I was sold. I had a search saved on CarGurus.com pulling up used or new Platinums and eventually found one not too far from home in Marietta, GA. I ended up flying down to Tampa to pick up a Ford CPO used 2017 Energi in Nokimos, FL. That was the closest location I found outside of one in South Carolina that sold too quickly for me to snag it.

The Platinum trim has almost every option outside of inflatable rear seat belts and bigger wheels. This CPO came with the bigger rims but not the air bag seat belts. It's Burgundy Velvet and is quite nice. All Platinums have the same interior...a light parchment leather with cocoa trim and dash. 

It was all the options I wanted: lane keeping, adaptive cruise, park assist, BLIS, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel, and more. I've used the park assist a number of times, and it's worked all but one time. It freaks the kids out. The adaptive cruise is one of the nicest features, and I really like that I can use it in stop and go traffic. BLIS is really nice.

The ONLY complaint I have is that it appears the lane keeping is not "aggressive" enough on warning the driver of drifting over. When testing it, I've had to get 2 - 3 feet into the next lane before the steering wheel vibrates. My wife's Lexus vibrates if you drift TOWARD the lane marker. I don't know if this is by design or a glitch, but I am researching before I have Ford look at it.

My commute is only 5.5 miles, so I can make it to work and home with some juice to spare. When the engine kicked in this weekend for the first time, it showed me averaging over 200 MPG. That quickly dropped down to 170 over the course of several drives. But so far I am loving the car. I'll likely keep this for 10 years or so, and it will be an enjoyable 10 years!

• 3 weeks later...