Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sync 3 Update 2.3

Paul Creed III

Anyone having any luck with updating to Sync 3 version 2.3 that was just released?

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/how-tos/keep-your-sync-up-to-date/sync-software-update.html#/download

The installation instructions do not match what is actually downloaded. When the .zip file is extracted, there's no SyncMyRide folder, just a couple executables and a bunch of .gz .tar files. Extracting those (for fun, since just placing the .gz files resulted in ERR5 on screen on the touchscreen) yields folders with SyncMyRide in the folder name along with additional random characters.

Since the instructions do not match what the download even contains, I've tried manually creating the SyncMyRide folder and copying the .gz .tar files into it, along with extracting into that folder to no joy. Every time yield ERR5 on the touchscreen.

I can't park close enough to my WiFi to pick it up so the USB option is the what I have to work with. 

• 1 month later...

Not having any luck getting this update.

myford website says 2.3 is ready.

Wifi has never updated, when I forced a check, the scanning for updates circles just continues (I've waited 60 minutes).  Parked in area with good wifi signal.

Downloading has never worked. The link initially kept crashing the website (tried chrome, IE, edge, and firefox; tried home and work computers).  Now the link appears broken.

Three separate chat help sessions. They cannot figure out what's going on, they also state they cannot send me a direct link to the file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  I have a 2017 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium.  Current Sync3 version is 2.0

Thank you.

drmoses, mine did the same thing for a while.  It was if something was just stuck.  I went into the options on the screen and had it clear all settings.  It was in the Settings/General Settings/Master Reset.  It didn't reset everything, such as my radio presents, but I had to log back into my Wi-Fi.  Right after that I went in and forced it to look for updates and it went right through.  Took quite a while to download, at least an hour.

drmoses, mine did the same thing for a while.  It was if something was just stuck.  I went into the options on the screen and had it clear all settings.  It was in the Settings/General Settings/Master Reset.  It didn't reset everything, such as my radio presents, but I had to log back into my Wi-Fi.  Right after that I went in and forced it to look for updates and it went right through.  Took quite a while to download, at least an hour.

Thank you Davidoo. That partially worked!  I reset it, connected back to Wifi, full strength.  Then forced a check and within a few seconds the spinning stopped and nothing happened. Just the screen updated with the "last checked" date as now current (a great improvement as previously had Jan 2017 as the last checked date).  I wonder if they have not rolled it out to my vehicle yet? Strange, that might explain why it says version 2.3 is available for my vehicle on the website with my login, but I'm not able to actually download it.  Very frustrating.  I gave it a day, re-activated myfordmobile app, etc. And then checked the wifi update again, sadly the endless checking circle has re-appeared. I might need to do the master reset again.  Perhaps the dealer might be able to help me, but last time I asked them similar tech questions, they just appeared to be confused.

UPDATE 1-7-2018:  Finally able to download the update!  Reset two more times and finally worked.  Sync 3 ver 2.3 confirmed.  Primary changes I noted was having a few more mobile apps (Alexa+Ford integration -> didn't work at first, but after a day, once selecting at least one the Alexa audio source, then for the rest of the trip listens actively for the Alexa wake word, even if selecting other audio sources; Also found another GPS app that uses Tom Tom maps - Sygic car navigation -> I haven't found it very helpful; at least compared to Alexa now able to easily set destination addresses using the built-in navigation system; I had to disable apple carplay to access any of these mobile apps which weren't a big deal).  Thank you again!

Edited by drmoses