Ford Fusion Energi Forum

HVAC Bugginess

Paul Creed III

Last night, I drove from work to a local Walmart, and the HVAC seemed fine (there was heat and fan control). Left Walmart and had no ability to change HVAC - no amount of fiddling with the power switch, auto, fan speed, or temperature would get the system to actually do anything; rear defroster worked, though. Got home, shut the car off, turned it back on - same issue.

I have a Go Time set for work each morning and the car was warmed to the pre-set temperature and I had full HVAC on my drive in. 

Anyone else had this issue?

Yup, I have.

When you turned your car off, did you open your door for a moment and leave the car sit a couple minutes so it fully shuts off?  Sounds like when you did, you didn't do that, but the overnight sit allowed the system to reset.

Now here's something else for you to check, because when mine did this, I lost pretty much everything having to do with remote start - go in to your left instrument cluster screen's main menu, go down to settings, vehicle, remote start, and see if anything within that system is grayed out and no longer selectable (quiet start and everything under climate was dead for me).  If its dead like mine was, a dealership appointment is necessary for either a reprogram of a module or a FCIM replacement (Front Control Interface Module).  If not and everything within the remote start system still works... lucky you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, I drove from work to a local Walmart, and the HVAC seemed fine (there was heat and fan control). Left Walmart and had no ability to change HVAC - no amount of fiddling with the power switch, auto, fan speed, or temperature would get the system to actually do anything; rear defroster worked, though. Got home, shut the car off, turned it back on - same issue.

I have a Go Time set for work each morning and the car was warmed to the pre-set temperature and I had full HVAC on my drive in. 

Anyone else had this issue?

I believe you can reset the computer with the car on by holding the radio power button and either the left or right seek button...(can't remember which one.)

• 4 weeks later...

Unrelated to OP's post but the HVAC in the car does suck. Set it to 22c, the vents blow out 35c if you set them to low. Guess its trying to meet the 'cabin temperature' but that's so much hotter than what I've requested. Also the air doesn't stay the same temperature. Doesn't on my 2015 Energi and didn't on my 2013 Hybrid. 

I get that the engine pops on and off for heat when in hybrid mode but at least make the air temperature uniform as best as you can... Its no where close.