Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Stop Safely Now - P0726:62-28

expresspotato

Hi all,

Been loving my 2015 Fusion Energi until today. My boyfriend was driving the car today and it threw the dreaded Stop Safely Now message. This has happened once to me before when I ran out of gas.

This time there is P0726:62-28 present in the SOBDMC along with P1A0C:00:28.

According to For Scan Lite, the first is 'Engine Speed Input Circuit Range / Performance' and the second is 'Hybrid Powertrain Control Module - Engine Disabled'.

Does anyone know where this sensor is, or if this repair would be covered by the powertrain / hybrid warranty? Got about 66,000 KM on it so BTB is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same thing happen to my 2014 Energi SE Luxery. It had a check engine light on that was an O2 sensor verified by my mechanic. The Safe to Stop happened 4 days after that. Pulled car into parking lot shut it off would not restart. Left it off for 5 minutes it restarted and did not return. Took it to ford this week for O2 sensors, which are covered by the Hybrid warranty, but no other issues or incidents. My dealer did not see it in the codes because my Safe Stop warning cleared from the codes because of the 2 week delay to dealer for appointment.

• 4 months later...

It seems we have the same issue. No dealers are open and am wondering if any one was able to find away to get the care started. As much as this thing is a rolling computer I have not been able to find a post anywhere describing a factory reset button that clears the issues.

I triggered this by sitting down the car prior to putting it in park (I think) and now it refuses to start. Many who have posted that letting it sit an the issues will go away or shutting off and opening the door closing and trying again and the issue resolved ....not for us. From what else I have read the dealerships are pretty useless to. They have no idea how to fix it.

Also I cannot even roll it back in my driveway (nose is in road). Only had the car for a few weeks. Any help would be most appropriated..

• 5 years later...