Ford Fusion Energi Forum

No power and can't get into trunk

Campbellsoup

Hi - Sigh... I'm so frustrated right now.  Yesterday we backed our 2013 Fusion hybrid out of the garage.  A couple hours later we went back to pull it into the garage but it was completely dead.  Zero power to anything.  The only thing that had happened was my son had set off the alarm once while it was sitting there.  This is the first time that this has happened with this car (we've had it for a year and a half).  It has 65642 miles on it.

I need things in the trunk but there is no way to get into the trunk without power!   Does anyone have a solution to this?

Read your owner's manual.  There are battery terminals under the hood.  Look for a red flexible plastic boot directly in front of the driver's seat.  That is the positive terminal.  Standing in front of the car and the red plastic boot look straight back toward the driver's seat.   There is a long bolt sticking up out of the shock tower.  That is the negative terminal.  Connect another battery or a battery charger there and you can start the car.

You can't reach the trunk release handle with your arm but there are any number of tools that could be used to grab it.

I've seen a lot of these posts but isn't it a pretty simple solution. Use the key inside the remote, open the door, pop the hood, jump start it like you would any other car correct?

That is the way to do it.  I think the problem is too many people don't read their Owner's Manual and don't know there is a real key inside of the electronic key.

We can't reach the manual trunk pull - the space is too small from the back seat.   There are no terminals in the front of the 2013 Fusion.  The battery is in the trunk!!

When you get the trunk open tie a little rope to the manual release so next time you can open the trunk w/ a dead battery

That is the way to do it.  I think the problem is too many people don't read their Owner's Manual and don't know there is a real key inside of the electronic key.

haha, I knew that these smart keys would need to have metal keys inside even before I was old enough to drive! Even if the car's 12V battery is good, the key's battery can die too...