Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Terrible moaning sound when braking in reverse

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 152 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 12 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

I have a 2017 FFE with about 20,000 miles.  The last week has been bitter cold here in the Midwest.  I have recently heard a terrible high pitched moaning sound when braking.  At first it seamed like it only happened the first thing in the morning.  As i would back out of my garage down my slanted driveway. But the last couple days it also happened when backing out of my parking spot at work when going to lunch.  It seems it only happens when braking in reverse.  Never once when braking forward.  I have an appointment with the dealership next Friday but was curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks,

Rob

641076.png

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 276 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMN
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:15 AM

Mine will do this after the car gets wet and sits.  The discs will look a little rusty after sitting too.  Usually you are backing up after sitting and it will make the sounds you describe.  Once the brake pads "clean" the disc the sounds goes away.  This is in my case anyway.

409947.png

#3 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

That makes sense and is probably what the dealership will tell me.  Just odd that in 10 years my 2007 Focus never had this problem.  And certainly my FFE has gotten wet in the past 6 months I've owned it and never had this problem before.  Also the fact it only does it in reverse seems pretty odd.

641076.png

#4 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,031 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:00 AM

That makes sense and is probably what the dealership will tell me.  Just odd that in 10 years my 2007 Focus never had this problem.  And certainly my FFE has gotten wet in the past 6 months I've owned it and never had this problem before.  Also the fact it only does it in reverse seems pretty odd.

There is one thing unique about reverse.  It is not possible for the engine to move the car in reverse.  Reverse is only done with an electric motor.

#5 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:41 PM

Well i took it into the dealership today and as expected, they said everything was fine.  Had 101 excuses why it might have happened.  But at least I know the brakes are good.

641076.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·