Ford Fusion Energi Forum

car switches to miles per full charge when hitting the ev button

fconway

HI, Whenever i hit the EV button, my left display switches to 'miles per full charge'. that is a nice display, but i want to stay on the empower screen. It annoys me to death to have to switch back every time.... Is there a setting to disable this 'helpful' feature?

Please tell me the answer is yes... .and thanks!

Mine does this too.  In my 2014 anyway, it is switching to show that the green efficiency bar is outside the target area and prompting to push ok to enable the ICE.  It even does this while the vehicle is at a complete stop where it is impossible for the green efficiency bar to be inside the target area as any kw or gallons divided into 0 miles is 0 mpge.  It is pour and short sighted programming with lack of proper testing and follow through from ford.  The fact that even when you push ok it often does not actually even run the ICE combined with prompting the user this after the user JUST told it to go ev power is pure ridiculous.  It causes the user to take their eyes of the road and push more buttons just to get back to where the user was.

Edited by openair