Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Trouble with EV modes

fused2473

Hi all. I have a problem with the EV modes on my 2015 Energi. It will not let me out of Auto EV if the temperature is under 45 degrees outside. The other two modes are “X”ed out. If I heat up the cabin, it will work once it’s warm inside. This can happen even with a full charge.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or if anyone has any ideas what this could be. My dealership appointment with loaner vehicle isn’t for two weeks. I’m concerned it could be too warm to diagnose.

When did this problem start?

Many have reported this problem being associated with another fault. For example, in my case the electric heater was faulting out and one of the symptoms was that the EV+Now and EV+Later buttons would be X'd out even with a full charge. The electric heater fault was not triggering the check engine light. I used a OBD reader to read the fault code that was stored. I took the car into the dealer and they could see the code. They did a challenge test on the electric heater and confirmed that it was bad. They replaced it I've not had the EV options lock out on me since.

Based on reports in this forum it could be various different root causes that are causing the EV options to get locked out so you need to take it into the dealer and have them look at it.

• 11 months later...

I had the same exact issue when I had my 2015 Energi. After the new heater was installed, it worked perfectly to when I traded it in for my '18.

When did this problem start?

Many have reported this problem being associated with another fault. For example, in my case the electric heater was faulting out and one of the symptoms was that the EV+Now and EV+Later buttons would be X'd out even with a full charge. The electric heater fault was not triggering the check engine light. I used a OBD reader to read the fault code that was stored. I took the car into the dealer and they could see the code. They did a challenge test on the electric heater and confirmed that it was bad. They replaced it I've not had the EV options lock out on me since.

Based on reports in this forum it could be various different root causes that are causing the EV options to get locked out so you need to take it into the dealer and have them look at it.