Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Just purchased 19 H-spoke rims. Any tire recommendations? PSI?

profskule

Hi, I just purchased a set of 19 inch H-spoke rims with TPMS sensors for my 2015 Fusion Energi. Currently looking for tire/PSI recommendations. Thoughts? Anyone have theirs installed -- do they ride harsher? I hear the tires wear out faster... is this true?

I'm also selling my factory 17-inch rims/tires/TPMS for anyone interested. Toronto area.

Edited by profskule

I would go with Nokian WRGs if you want all-seasons on your 19s (right now I have the factory Michelins but my friend loves his WRGs and I will get those if I ever need to replace my Michelins). For winters I use Nokian Hakkapeliitas. I inflate to 40 psi.

If you are like me and religiously alternate between winters and all-seasons whenever the weather changes (I plan to switch back to all-seasons in the middle of next month), I would strongly recommend keeping your 17" wheels and sticking winters on those. That would also give you the convenience of being able to swap wheels by hand instead of going to a shop (I have to do that because I only have one set of wheels). I have first-hand experience with using all-seasons vs winters during Toronto snowstorms - even on an AWD car (used to drive one back when I lived in TO) it's a night and day difference.

Out of curiosity, what made you install 19s on a plug-in hybrid? They deliver a harsher ride regardless of tire choice, and result in worse efficiency. The gas version of the Fusion Platinum, as well as the Fusion Sport, use 19s because those variants are more performance oriented, but the Hybrid/Energi sticks with 17s even on the Platinum trim.

Edited by 4cylinder

Thanks for your prompt reply! Much appreciated!

I have a set of 17' winters on steelies right now, that I'll store for the summer.

I just got this smashing deal on the 19s (dark metal finish) that I couldn't pass up.

Anyway, the factory Titanium Energi rims+tires+TPMS are currently in storage, and I was considering selling them. The fact is, though, that I've never driven with 19s so don't know how large the difference will be.

I've read from the Fusion forum that those the rims are 19, the tire sidewall is reduced so that the net height and width are negligible difference. That way, there's no software change to the adaptive cruise, park assist, etc.

The Nokians sound like fun, but I'm aiming for the set to last at least two or three summers -- I was looking at Pirelli P7s, or ContiPro... not sure what the factory ships with.

I'm guessing they didn't make 19s an option for the Energi because there aren't any LRR for that size... I don't mind taking a <5mpg hit overall. These are just on for the summer/fall anyway, and then back to the 17-steelies for winter.

40PSI eh? Whoa. That's a harsh ride isn't it? Or, is that normal? I have no reference...

Edited by profskule

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my Original Equipment 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium wheels.

This includes four rims, tires, and TPMS sensors, and is a very simple plug-and-play install for any 2013-current Ford Fusion car. Though they can be used year-round, I've never used them in the winter because of salt, etc, and because I have a dedicated set of winter wheels.

The rims are 2015-2018 | FORD | FUSION | 17x7.5 | 5-108 | 5 DOUBLE SPOKE | OEM, 55mm. They retail for at least $250USD each! Details about the rims: https://detroitwheelandtire.com/hol-3984-sss-a.html

The tires are also Ford-installed/balanced and have approx. 50% tread life left. Michelin Green-X rubber.

The TPMS sensors are also original-equipment. Everything is plug-and-play onto Ford Fusion 2013-current.

I am selling this set because just received 19' set for replacement, and I need room in my garage (and honestly, trying to recover some of the costs from the 19' tires), as seen above...

Wheels are currently being stored at a climate-controlled tire service centre in Markham Ontario Canada (I use separate winter wheels/tires, and they store my all-season wheels).

Serious inquiries only. Asking $900 (I priced it at $950 on Kijiji, but think that this forum deserves a better price, haha).

Located in Markham Ontario (near Toronto).

I'm not sure where to post this, in this forum, so mods please let me know if this isn't the correct place (sorry!). I've posted this on Kijiji already...

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my Original Equipment 2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium wheels.

This includes four rims, tires, and TPMS sensors, and is a very simple plug-and-play install for any 2013-current Ford Fusion car. Though they can be used year-round, I've never used them in the winter because of salt, etc, and because I have a dedicated set of winter wheels.

The rims are 2015-2018 | FORD | FUSION | 17x7.5 | 5-108 | 5 DOUBLE SPOKE | OEM, 55mm. They retail for at least $250USD each! Details about the rims: https://detroitwheelandtire.com/hol-3984-sss-a.html

The tires are also Ford-installed/balanced and have approx. 50% tread life left. Michelin Green-X rubber.

The TPMS sensors are also original-equipment. Everything is plug-and-play onto Ford Fusion 2013-current.

I am selling this set because just received 19' set for replacement, and I need room in my garage (and honestly, trying to recover some of the costs from the 19' tires), as seen above...

Wheels are currently being stored at a climate-controlled tire service centre in Markham Ontario Canada (I use separate winter wheels/tires, and they store my all-season wheels).

Serious inquiries only. Asking $900 (I priced it at $950 on Kijiji, but think that this forum deserves a better price, haha).

Located in Markham Ontario (near Toronto).

I'm not sure where to post this, in this forum, so mods please let me know if this isn't the correct place (sorry!). I've posted this on Kijiji already...

You may have better luck on the 2gfusions.net forum, in their marketplace section. You get access to a much larger Fusion enthusiast community (since it includes gas cars), many of whom are fellow Ontarians.

If not for customs I would hit you up on the wheels without the tires. I travel to Toronto every few months but alas, I can't just bring back such large items across the border without declaring them in secondary :(

Btw about the 40psi, I find it to be a smooth ride, but in the Detroit area it's a little hard to be sure because our roads are so bad haha.

Edited by 4cylinder