Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Undercarriage Replacement

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dehringj

Dehringj

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationWoodhaven
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:52 AM

I have a 2013 Fusion Energi.  With the recent snow in Metro Detroit and lack of plowing this year, my undercarriage fiberglass covers became deteriotaed.  It probably doesn't help with the increase of potholes and poor road conditions.  

I am looking for viable solutions and reccomendations.  From my research, some say remove it.  Other say replace it.  I am on the replacing it band wagon as Metro Detroit Salt and such will rust and destroy the unibody.  Plus I feel that it will improve gas milage.  

Has anyone delt with this undercarriage falling off?

I think the purpose with fiberglass is that it light weight, but wonder if a plastic or carbon fiber would be better?  Longer lasting and better protection.  The fiberglass matting was almost fiberboard and literally could not handle the snow.  

This look like an easy replacement.  It would be extremely easier with a vehicle hoist, but 4 car jacks should work well enough for a warm Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for your suggestions and reccomendations.  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 130 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:04 AM

No idea about other materials, but absolutely replace it with something intact asap. Otherwise you'll risk salt corrosion leading to oil and transmission fluid leaks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·