Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2019 Fusion updates

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 130 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:35 AM

https://www.detroitn...pdate/33120431/

Sadly, the Platinum trim was discontinued - I actually really liked it. Wonder what that will do to resale values of '17 and '18 Platinums.

The 2.5L gas engine (which is actually great - responsive and quiet with good fuel economy) is now restricted to the S trim. I was hoping it could migrate into the Titanium trim at least.

Hilariously, the SEL trim has returned - brings back memories of my 2008 Fusion SEL. 

BLIS/lane keep/collision warning are now standard on all trims, likely to compete with Toyota/Honda/Hyundai who have made such things standard on even their entry-level cars. 

• jj2me likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   jj2me

jj2me

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 118 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:10 PM

Another article, this one says the 2019 Fusion Energi gets a 9.0 kWh battery (25 mile range), using new battery chemistry that's more dense, same 84 cells, same form factor.

• bdginmo likes this

#3 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 22 March 2018 - 02:31 AM

Very disappointing.  By now the electric range should have been doubled or tripled.  The Honda Clarity PHEV is rated for 47 miles on electric.

• jsamp, Blastphemy and 4cylinder like this

#4 OFFLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 130 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium

Posted 22 March 2018 - 07:01 PM

Well, the Fusion is still a better car all-around :P The 2018 Accord is a worthy competitor though.

I sat in the Clarity at the 2018 NAIAS, after checking out the all-new Accord. The Clarity felt a lot more low-rent compared to either the Accord or the Fusion. And the Clarity still offers only that stupid Lanewatch camera rather than a traditional blind spot monitor...

#5 OFFLINE   jsamp

jsamp

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 249 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE, Escape Hybrid
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

Another article, this one says the 2019 Fusion Energi gets a 9.0 kWh battery (25 mile range), using new battery chemistry that's more dense, same 84 cells, same form factor.

The bigger question for me regarding this new battery is will we be able to upgrade our 7.6kWh batteries when they die, or will Ford not support that?  I would think a SW upgrade would be all that is necessary to tell the computer what the new battery size is and how much to use for hybrid vs plug-in power.

#6 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,993 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:02 AM

Given that Ford has announced that they are going to stop production of the Fusion, among others, it is unlikely that will be an option.

Six years after my car was built they add 4 miles to the range.  Meanwhile the 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV has a 47 mile rating and my friend says his is showing 50 miles now that the temperature is getting higher.  The Clarity does not have the trunk filled up by the battery.

• jj2me likes this

#7 OFFLINE   Timewellspent

Timewellspent

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 274 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • LocationMN
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

Given that Ford has announced that they are going to stop production of the Fusion, among others, it is unlikely that will be an option.

Six years after my car was built they add 4 miles to the range.  Meanwhile the 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV has a 47 mile rating and my friend says his is showing 50 miles now that the temperature is getting higher.  The Clarity does not have the trunk filled up by the battery.

The only issue I have is the looks of the Clarity.  The range is perfect for me and I like it better than the Volt, but I can't get past that rear side and back end.  I still have another year before I start looking hard to replace my Energi so hopefully we see more options coming.

409947.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·