Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Say goodbye to all but two Ford sedans

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Blastphemy

Blastphemy

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 171 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationMontana
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

http://money.cnn.com...rica/index.html

Ford dropping all but 2 cars from its North American dealerships

Ford said on Wednesday the only passenger car models it plans to keep on the market in North America will be the Mustang and the upcoming Ford Focus Active, a crossover-like hatchback that's slated to debut in 2019. That means the Fiesta, Taurus, Fusion and the regular Focus will disappear in the United States and Canada.

• jj2me likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:51 AM

Looks like my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi will be my last Ford. 

The Energi should have doubled or tripled its electric range by now. 

I don't need a truck or an SUV (pseudo truck) or a Mustang. 

My last non Ford vehicle was a 1964 Plymouth, bought new and driven by me and two of my brothers until it died at 120,000 miles.

• flyingcheesehead and 4cylinder like this

#3 ONLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 107 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 26 April 2018 - 05:18 AM

Same here, the Energi will be my last Ford. I'm already looking at trading my 2015 Escape for a hybrid Japanese SUV like the RAV4 or Lexus NX300h. 

This is a very disappointing decision. They should at least import limited quantities from offshore plants - after all the Mondeo is already made in Spain and China including a wagon form.

#4 OFFLINE   jsamp

jsamp

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 205 posts
  • LocationCA
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE, Escape Hybrid
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:43 AM

It's a shame to see a company that was wise enough to navigate the downturn 10 years ago now turn around and abandon half of their market in the name of greed.  From the article:

'James Farley, the company's president of global markets, said Ford is "shifting from cars to utilities," which have been a bigger profit driver.'

I guess I won't be buying Ford products anymore.

#5 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 127 posts
  • LocationPeoria, IL
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:16 AM

I plan to keep my 17 FFE for at least 5-6 years.  I have no crystal ball to say what I'll replace that with.  But I have always wanted a Mustang. :)

641076.png

#6 ONLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 107 posts
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium

Posted 27 April 2018 - 06:21 AM

It's a shame to see a company that was wise enough to navigate the downturn 10 years ago now turn around and abandon half of their market in the name of greed.  From the article:

'James Farley, the company's president of global markets, said Ford is "shifting from cars to utilities," which have been a bigger profit driver.'

I guess I won't be buying Ford products anymore.

To be fair they aren't fully abandoning the sedan market - they're still keeping those vehicles active in countries that haven't jumped on the SUV craze as much as North America has.

Hopefully if future economic conditions demand the reintroduction of sedans, they can simply federalize their foreign-made sedans and ship them over to fill the void. It would bring prices up (especially if imported from Europe where the labour costs are higher), so that's another challenge to figure out. 

#7 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,936 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:19 AM

Once I'm forced to go somewhere else I won't be back.  I have two years to go on my ESP warranty so I'll see what the status is in 2020.

• meyersnole and 4cylinder like this

#8 OFFLINE   meyersnole

meyersnole

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationNC
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid Plug-In Titanium

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:01 PM

Looks like my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi will be my last Ford. 

The Energi should have doubled or tripled its electric range by now. 

I don't need a truck or an SUV (pseudo truck) or a Mustang. 

My last non Ford vehicle was a 1964 Plymouth, bought new and driven by me and two of my brothers until it died at 120,000 miles.

My 2013 Ford Fusion Energi was also my first Ford (as well as my first American brand) car. Likely to be my last as well as I am not an SUV type individual. 

On its face this seems like a very odd move for Ford to make.  Researching sales, it seems that Fusion sales have trailed off some but they sold over 200K copies last year. I think you would compare the Fusion to the Chevy Malibu which sold just under 186K copies. Isn't it more likely for the Fusion shopper to just go buy the Chevy rather than cross shop an SUV like an Escape? Also don't see the Fusion buyer cross shopping the Mustang... which seems to sell only 82K copies in 2017 (but I suppose they need a car to compete in NASCAR and this gives them the best option to compete?). 

Still like my Fusion and plan to keep driving it. Would not have likely replaced it with another Fusion because Ford has not improved it enough to be competitive with other PHEV cars on the market, IMO. I am guessing this means that the long range EV vehicle is going to be an SUV, and again not really interested. 

White Platinum 2013 Titanium Fusion Hybrid Plug-In

296525.png

#9 OFFLINE   AungJoMomma

AungJoMomma

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi

Posted 01 May 2018 - 06:20 PM

I will most likely buy a Honda Clarity, next.

My name is 'AuntJoMomma.'  Due to an unfortunate typo at registration, I am...this.

#10 OFFLINE   Russael

Russael

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:1999 EB 4x4 Expedition, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 02 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

I probably won't be buying anything new for a good, long time.  I'll keep my mind open for Ford's electric SUV... and/or I'll hope some 3rd party comes up with a higher capacity battery pack for the Energi when the one I currently have bites it.  But I'm NOT in the market for another gas guzzler.  Debated briefly on swapping the Expo for a Ford Transit, but on the same note, I don't drive the Expo hardly at all.  It sits in the garage collecting dust.  Thought about selling it, but it is nice to have around in the winter for the 4 wheel drive.  Of course, cars nowadays have optional AWD...

An electric pickup or all electric SUV may wind up being my next ride.  But not any time soon.

I am The White Fury in Region 5 on MyFord Mobile.

#11 OFFLINE   Fezbearer

Fezbearer

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBelmont
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi SE

Posted 06 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

I just got my car, so I'm not going too be in the market for something new for a while. When the time comes, I guess I can always see what the other companies have to offer. 

Edited by Fezbearer, 06 May 2018 - 05:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·