Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

2018 Energi right summary display factors

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   energitestdriver

energitestdriver

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 18 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2018

Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

So I've had a couple of 2018 Energi loaners from the dealer and the latest one is missing a display on the right side that was on the previous Energi I was driving.

I've looked through all the settings and I can't seem to find it.

The best way I can explain it was when you went to turn the car off, it would display a summary on the right hand display showing some factors for your energy use. It had braking and climate control use, route selection and temperature and other factors I think.

It had a bar graph that went to the right in green if it was a positive factor and went to the left in amber if it was a negative factor.

Anyone know where this display can be turned on? Is it dependent on the Sync version?

Thanks

Edited by energitestdriver, 16 June 2018 - 08:46 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   energitestdriver

energitestdriver

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

So I think I've found the answer to my question. The energy usage effects is what I was thinking of. In the owners manual:

Next Full Charge

The Next Full Charge display is shown upon shutting off your Energi vehicle whenever your vehicle operates in Plug-in Power Mode for a portion of your trip.

Energy usage effects (+/-)

A green bar indicates a positive effect on your EV range per full charge estimate. An amber bar indicates a negative effect. The bigger the bar the bigger the effect on your estimate.

Looks like it won't show up unless I operate in plug-in power mode for a portion of the trip.

#3 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 152 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2017

Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:33 AM

I get this message in the right display after every drive regardless of mode.  2017 Titanium.

641076.png

#4 OFFLINE   energitestdriver

energitestdriver

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:07 PM

Maybe it was because the vehicle had never been plugged in? It was brand new. I plugged it in and charged last night and then energy usage effects started showing up.  :)

Took a picture too. It's not too impressive so far but maybe the averages haven't settled out yet.

https://imgur.com/a/Ev9ut5U

Thanks

#5 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:25 AM

I really don't pay much attention to it.  In a couple months you probably won't either.  I can't affect the outside temps and my climate control use is what it is.  Bottom line I'm going to be comfortable when I drive and not let summary gauges control my driving habits.

• 4cylinder likes this
641076.png

#6 OFFLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 132 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium

Posted 19 June 2018 - 07:51 AM

I really don't pay much attention to it.  In a couple months you probably won't either.  I can't affect the outside temps and my climate control use is what it is.  Bottom line I'm going to be comfortable when I drive and not let summary gauges control my driving habits.

That's the way to go! 

And yes, the more you drive, the more the car learns and the more accurate the "next full charge" distance estimate will be. Now that it's summer the numbers should look good.

#7 OFFLINE   energitestdriver

energitestdriver

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 18 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:20 PM

Interesting though. I used up my plug in battery charge driving this morning and the right side display disappeared again on my next trip. I think the last loaner Energi I had (also a 2018) it would show up after every trip no matter what. Anyway, maybe it's a software version thing. I just got used to it being there. Seeing the leaves just doesn't do it for me.

I always wonder what constituted "other" factors anyway.

Thanks

#8 OFFLINE   muzicman61

muzicman61

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 152 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:57 AM

Well contrary to my above statement where i said i always see the use message after every drive... last night i forgot t plug in my vehicle.  When i got to work this morning and shut it off, i just got the green leaves and then a message that said "thank you for driving a hybrid".  

641076.png

#9 OFFLINE   4cylinder

4cylinder

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 132 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2017 Energi Titanium

Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:21 AM

Well contrary to my above statement where i said i always see the use message after every drive... last night i forgot t plug in my vehicle.  When i got to work this morning and shut it off, i just got the green leaves and then a message that said "thank you for driving a hybrid".  

yep, if your trip was purely in hybrid mode the right screen will not display those stats anymore. It'll operate exactly like the regular hybrid.

• jj2me likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·