Ford Fusion Energi Forum

IPOD not recognizing

keithsm2

Bluetooth is an option, set as media device in Settings/Bluetooth. But when you turn off the car, you need to repeat that (though it'll remember the iPod as one of your devices). What a pain when you're running short errands!

For those reasons (USB connection is spotty, Bluetooth media connection needs to be re-established after every shut-off of the car), and for older, simpler device support, Ford should have put in an auxiliary jack

Edited by jj2me

I used to plug in my iPod Touch for music (2009 model in my previous 2013 hybrid Fusion) but like you, I had reliability issues with the connection, though not as extreme. On multiple occasions I did need to unplug and replug it, maybe once a month or so. To this day I have no idea why, but it looks like Sync just doesn't get along that well with iPods.

However, with a standard USB flash drive I've had absolutely zero issues, and it's also more convenient to get music copied from any PC. Applies to both Sync2 and Sync3.

Edited by 4cylinder

Yeah, USB sticks work great if you don't mind the sequential navigation through them. I was in the middle of an audiobook file, pulled out the USB stick and loaded more media, plugged it back in and expected it would surely lose my place in the audiobook. But no, it put me at the same position in that audiobook file I was last listening to.

Edited by jj2me

I have had random issues with CarPlay and my iPhone. Straight-up Bluetooth works fine, but connecting phone via USB to get CarPlay features (primarily for Pandora and Apple Maps) is only about 75% reliable.  

Potential cable issue? Never had issues with Android Auto but never tried Carplay before either.