Ford Fusion Energi Forum

L1 Charging Cord

energitestdriver

This may be a silly question but hey I'll ask anyway. I took out the supplied charging cord in the trunk and charged my Energi last night to try it out and then I realized maybe I didn't pay enough attention to how the cord was wrapped in it's space in the trunk. I didn't see any special instructions anywhere on putting it away. So I just started with the car connector end and put it in the cutout and just followed the path for the cord wrap around the cutout in the trunk. I think it went ok but when I got done, I was concerned about the cord bends and leaving enough space to get the charge block flat in the cubby. Probably over thinking this but here is a picture: https://imgur.com/a/6XjKu2L

Thanks

I wouldn't worry to much about that.  If you don't have to put it fully away in it's cubby, it'd probably be better to not do so (especially if you do so daily) to lower excessive flexing of the cable.

:)  Good point. It may be best to just leave it out instead of putting it away. Some of the other pictures I've seen show a model that seems to have a cord wrap built-in so maybe they changed over the past few years.