Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Android Auto

keithsm2

A few questions about Android Auto.

1)  Does it only work when plugged into the phone.   I understood that the Android would work by bluetooth. If I want to use "ALL" of its functions I seem to have to plug it in.   My sales rep after several weeks the car will download everything from my phone and bluetooth will then have full function.   I'm not so sure.

2) Shouldn't accuweather work with Android Auto?   When i plug in the phone I only see nav, phone, music.  I dont see any option to see a weather map or anything from accuweather app.

Thanks

Keith

Yes Android Auto only works when you plug in the phone (which you probably should anyway if you're using it for GPS). Wireless Android Auto does exist but the Fusion doesn't support it - in fact I don't think any car up to MY2018 supports it.

If you're only connected via Bluetooth, you can still run Android Auto on the phone screen itself and route the audio through the car's stereo, but that's really meant for old cars ;) When your sales rep said the car would "download everything" he was referring only to contacts. It should be instant and not take "several weeks" so some dealership somewhere needs to review its hiring practices...

The accuweather developers didn't create an approved Android Auto interface so it won't work with Android Auto. Only apps that specifically created an approved interface will be accessible (e.g. Maps, Play Music, Spotify, etc). The whole point is to be minimally distracting after all.

Edited by 4cylinder