Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Charging port door fell off

Dkayblack

Hi All,

I love my new Fusion Energy Titanium and have enjoyed every one of the first 1,500 miles.

The charging port door popped off in my hands twice. I thought it seemed delicate, but I had never had a plug-in car before and didn't know what to expect.

Then it fell off while I was driving or, as the dealer service department suggests, was vandalized. (The port is not on the street side of the car when parked).

Now I am discussing the repair with the dealer service team. They say that it is not a known problem and is not covered under the new car warranty.

The Parts Dept quoted $71 for the door itself and $131 for the housing it sits in. This does not include labor painting or installation.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Thanks for your help.  Deb

I would think that they would take care of the issue for you since you just got the car. Hopefully they will. I'm wondering what it is that they think is broken since they quoted you the door and the housing.

This post outlines the process to replace a 2014 charging port LED ring where he had to remove the door and the light ring. You might compare to yours to see how your looks. - http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/5510-charge-port-led-light-ring-replacement-procedure/

It sounds like they are saying that your car was vandalized but does it look like someone actually messed with it? Maybe you don't have the door any longer since it feel off while driving?

• 3 years later...