Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Drivers side fog light not working

apm

Hello Forum,

Does anyone one where the fuse for the driver side fog light would be on a 2013 Fusion Energi?

Thanks for you help...

Regards,

APM

The left side is F62 (Body Control Module 1) and the right side is F67 (Body Control Module 2).  They are both 50 amp J type fuses.

It is more likely that a wire has come loose or a bulb has burned out.

No, it's in the battery junction box under the hood.  There is a diagram in the Owner's Manual.

Now I'm confused... those fuses don't seem to be specific for the fog lights. If either of those were blown nothing on the right or left side would work, Every thing else work on the left side except the fog light (low beam, high beam)

Regards,

APM

Now I'm confused... those fuses don't seem to be specific for the fog lights. If either of those were blown nothing on the right or left side would work, Every thing else work on the left side except the fog light (low beam, high beam)

Regards,

APM

Those fuses go directly to the BCM.  In the BCM each goes through an electronic switch (FET).  They are then wired directly to the fog lamps from the BCM.

The switch on the dash goes directly to the BCM.  It tells the BCM to turn the fog lamps on.  The BCM then turns on the FETs.

The wire between the battery junction box and the BCM is brown-red.  The wire from the BCM to the left fog light is brown.

Pin 57 on the battery junction box to pin 22 on the BCM.  Pin 12 on the BCM to the left fog light.

Verify that you have a good ground on the fog light.

If the FET failed I would expect a fault code.  Can you read out the stored fault codes.

In fact there should be a fault code saying the left fog light is out.

One way is with an OBD 2 adapter that plugs into the OBD 2 port which is just above the hood release handle.  It connects to a windows computer via bluetooth.  A free program called Forscan is run on the computer.  There are a lot of these adapters available that are in the $20 range.  A good one costs about $75.  There is a version of Forscan that runs on an Android phone but that one is not free.

Another possibility is to put the car into Engineering Test mode. 

One of the screens in ET displays codes but only a small subset appear there.

From memory here are the steps.

Turn the car off

Push and hold the button on the left side of the steering wheel.

Turn the car on.

Watch the upper left corner of the dash display for the letters ET in yellow to appear.

It can be hard to see because the normal pop ups on that screen may partially obscure it.

When it appears release the button.

Using the left up/down buttons will scroll through the screens.

This is display only so you can't cause any problems doing this.

One of the screens shows any stored codes.

Turn the car off to exit ET.

Codes can be looked up on Google to see what they mean.

I'll go to my car later and verify that I got the instructions right.

If I didn't, I'll update this post.