Ford Fusion Energi Forum

EV Range Dropped for 20 miles to 15 miles

lilshoppingirl

I just bought my 2016 Ford Fusion Energi 3 months ago.  After charging all night, every morning it used to say I had 20 miles that I could drive on EV.  Now it's dropped over night to saying I only have 15 miles that I can drive on the charge.  I charge it overnight in my garage on a dedicated outlet that was wired specifically for my car to charge.  Any ideas why I no longer get 20 miles per charge out of my car?

It is about 10-15 degrees cooler these past two mornings.  I have no had the heat on, so I figured when just starting the car it should still have the initial charge for 20 miles.  I didn't realize the battery won't show the full 20 mile radius due to a tad colder temps (it was 63 this morning) because of the cooler temperatures.  I figured maybe once I started driving and the heat was on, it would drop down.  However, that was not the case yesterday or today.  I will still sitting in the garage and the initial range came up as 15 miles.  To me 63 degrees isn't that cold where the battery would function so much lower.

Good afternoon.  I have basically the same problem.

I park in an inside garage at night and the battery charges for about 8 hours.

I was constantly getting 27 miles per charge.  Over the past few days the amount drops to 22 miles per charge.  The garage is heated so this should not make a difference. I live in Montreal and the outside temperature has fallen by about 15 degrees F. over the past few weeks.

I understand that I will get less seeing as the heater and window defroster works.

However should it not charge to the same point as previously rather than jumping all over the place

Thanks