Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFORD mobile

meyersnole

OK... so I had the app downloaded ready for my car and could not get the thing to work last night, communications error or something. A trip over to the CMAX forum straightened me out this am. It appears there are 2 MyFORD apps now, so make sure when you download your app you look for the one that says PLUG-IN HYBRID after it. Otherwise you would be downloading the one for the EV and it wont work.

There are also 2 sites that look exactly the same on the home page, make sure you register to the correct one!  http://phev.myfordmobile.com/content/mfm/en_us/site/login.html

You want the one that starts with phev not bev.

Even if you do not have a smart phone, you can do some of the functions from the web account.

Edited by meyersnole

Yeah, guess features in the EV (Focus) app are different than the phev app.  I added my VIN to it, but unfortunately you need to have the car to verify the addition.

Actually twice. Once right away, then once 24 hours later.

What I can't figure out is what its using to communicate? Do not have it on my home's Internet yet. Built in cell service?

What I can't figure out is what its using to communicate? Do not have it on my home's Internet yet. Built in cell service?

I thought it's using a cellular data service, similar in fashion to what's used on eBook readers (i.e. no end-user interaction).  The service is free for the first five years.

Edited by efudd

OK... so I had the app downloaded ready for my car and could not get the thing to work last night, communications error or something. A trip over to the CMAX forum straightened me out this am. It appears there are 2 MyFORD apps now, so make sure when you download your app you look for the one that says PLUG-IN HYBRID after it. Otherwise you would be downloading the one for the EV and it wont work.

There are also 2 sites that look exactly the same on the home page, make sure you register to the correct one!  http://phev.myfordmobile.com/content/mfm/en_us/site/login.html

You want the one that starts with phev not bev.

Even if you do not have a smart phone, you can do some of the functions from the web account.

Very good info. Strange decision on their part to have two different, but very similar apps. I guess I'll see more once I can get my car and add it. Took me a bit to find the new app. Realized after a bit that I was searching iPad apps and its designed as an iPhone app and listed as such. Lol. Anywho, thanks for the headsup meyersnole! I'm sure my dealership wouldn't have had a clue. Mine and a VIN+1 will be their first Fusion Energis delivered. Hopefully this week!

Good luck Scooter. I looked at MyFord just before coming here. Another strange decision they made was to not allow any of the vehicle management (climate or charging settings) from the web page, only from the app. I was happy to see this morning that my car is calculating that I have 23 miles of electric range based on the past few trips that I have taken with the car.

So far the one thing i was hoping to play with was the achievements that were in the original My Ford Mobile app.  But it seems the PHEV version does not have that (maybe to come later). 

How are your response times? Mine seem to take about 30 seconds doing things like lock doors or refresh battery charge levels.

Yes there is a delay. Ha! I have not tried to unlock or start the car, would probably just use the fob for that.

The application is pretty basic, like you said open or lock car, stat car. Battery and Tire pressure status. 

Charge Settings (value vs charge now) plus go times for climate control while plugged in.

So far all I have done is set up the weekly go schedule.

Oh, and current charge status... which I do check on. Its nice to see estimated charge times and range.

• 1 month later...

This is strange - web site has worked fine with our car for 10 days, but now when I sign into the web site the status says the car is 'out and about' with last location at my wife's office, with the timestamp of "updated 'in 2 days' "

But it's actually sitting in the garage charging, and clicking the "Update" appears to go through the process but always returns with status of 0 miles SOC and still 'out and about' with location of wife's office.

Had anyone else experienced something like this?

Press and hold the left shift key while clicking the refresh button on your browser.  You may be looking at something cached and that key combo forces it to go out to the web and pull down the latest page.

Thanks for the suggestion but no luck... I normally use FF but before posting the above also tried with IE (which I rarely ever use and never had used for that site), but same behavior.

The shift click works for both browsers.

Have you noticed certain... data things outside of the website not working on the car?  Now I'm wondering if something went wrong with the onboard cellular radio...  Problem is I don't know of any ways to test it unless you maybe change something (such as your go time, temperature, etc) and see if the car takes it.

After sitting in the car and looking at the settings I didn't find anything, I wondered why the last update was shown on the web site was 'in 2 days' so I checked the date and time in the car, and it showed correct... but I pressed 'update time from GPS' and it reset but to one hour earlier.. I guess the GPS doesn't do DST.

I tried to run a VHR but wife's phone was not activated for that, is now activated so will run one tomorrow. I tried to run one after I authorized her phone, but it refused to run and said there were no changes and told me to see last VHR... the VHR that never made it to the server.  So will try again tomorrow and see if that shows anything.

The website relies on data coming from the car, which is done via cellular.  That's also how you can see where the car is located (so long as it's in range of a cell tower - it needs a way to send the GPS data to the website).  If the radio is borked (deactivated, gone bad, etc), that would explain the break between the website and your car.  Maybe give it another day and see if anybody else is having a Ford Mobile/MyFord website issue.  If not, it's back to your ride again.

Something to try:

Set a go time or value charge if you don't have one already via the website and see if the car shows those changes.  If you already have go times or value charges, make a simple but obvious change to it, send it to your car, and see if the car reflects that change.  If it does, change it back using the car's interface and see if it updates on the website.  Note: I do not know how long it takes for the change to populate to your car... it could be immediate, it may have a delay.

Not sure how else to test 3G connectivity.

If you still do not see the website and car syncing up after maybe 1 day, I'd take it to the dealership and have them test the 3G radio.

I tried to run a VHR but wife's phone was not activated for that, is now activated so will run one tomorrow. I tried to run one after I authorized her phone, but it refused to run and said there were no changes and told me to see last VHR... the VHR that never made it to the server.  So will try again tomorrow and see if that shows anything.

I have not yet run a VHR in my new car.  In my 2010 once a VHR had been created it wouldn't do another one for 28 days unless something had changed even if the data transmission had failed.  It's sad to hear that 4 years later that hasn't been fixed.  That car considered the parking brake being on an error since the brake icon was lit.  I could force it to run another one by changing the state of the parking brake icon.  I don't know if that works in a 2013.  I always run the VHR on the first day of the month so will be trying it on Wednesday.

Checked again this morning and status was still not correct, however the status yesterday that said "updated 'in 2 days' " now said "updated 'in a day' "...

Checked again a few minutes ago and clicked refresh and status now shows up and appears to be correct... so for now I'm guessing this was an issue with the communications provider???  Who knows, but I will continue to check status each day to make sure it staightens up and flies right.

Added - I guess I spoke too soon, still seems jacked up.  Now doesn't say updated in 2 days, or 1 day, but now last updated 'in 19 hours' so I assume some date/time stamp is off somewhere.... I took this screenshot when I logged into the app, says the car is unplugged and has 15 miles left (but no blue in the battery), and is located near my wife's office.  But physically, the car is home and being charged... will see what the status shows in 19 hours.

Energi_Status_19Hours_zps7dc0e760.jpg

Edited by jeff_h

This is strange - web site has worked fine with our car for 10 days, but now when I sign into the web site the status says the car is 'out and about' with last location at my wife's office, with the timestamp of "updated 'in 2 days' "

But it's actually sitting in the garage charging, and clicking the "Update" appears to go through the process but always returns with status of 0 miles SOC and still 'out and about' with location of wife's office.

Had anyone else experienced something like this?

I had the same thing yesterday, it said it was out and about and charge status wasn't updating, this morning everything is back to normal, so I'm presuming it was a software glitch on fords side.....