Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFORD mobile

meyersnole

I know, I know... The salesman said that I didn't need the undercoating in Dallas, and in the rare event that it was identified as floating in the Pacific Ocean on a random Wednesday afternoon that I didn't need to worry. He added that there are so many airbags in the Fusion that it would float for hours ;-)

Mine did the same thing, saying it was "Out and About" when it was outside my office charging. I dinked with setting Go Times,Ā etc. to no avail. The next day it worked fine and has ever since. I still don't know why.

Ā 

My current issue is that the Go Times don't seem to kick in. I have the car plugged in and the Climate on Auto. When I go to the car at the appointed time, it is not pre-conditioned to the temp like it says it will be on the website. My phone software won't support the MyFordMobile App, but the website has all the appearances of functioning.

I think the car uses an AT&T data radio to communicate with the website.Ā  Did you enter the GO time on the website?Ā  Did you verify that it was transferred to the car by checking the in car menu?Ā  When you are on the website it will tell you how long it has been since there was an update from the car.Ā  There is a button that you can click to force an immediate update.Ā  If it can't update you have an AT&T signal strength problem where the car is currently located.

Ā 

The Go preconditioning does not appear to depend on what the in car climate control is set to.Ā  I am almost positive I have done a preconditioning with the climate controls turned off.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issue.Ā  Car is parked in the garage and fully charged but the app and the web site both indicate that it is 20 miles away at my wife's work location adn she left there yesterday at 5:30 P.M..Ā  The other interesting thing is that the if I check the Activity (either place) it has the following for the most recent entry:

Ā 

06/01/2013 10:26:06 am

Value Charge Profiles have been synced

Ā 

Kind of strange since the current date/time is 05/30/2013 @ 11:45 P.M.

Ā 

I called the My Ford Mobile help line and reported the problem.Ā  Yes we verified that the data/time in the car were both correct (7:52 P.M.)Ā  I was given a case number and they are supposed to check into the problem and get back to me.

Ā 

I would suggest that anyone having this issue report it to My Ford Mobile 800-392-FORD (3673)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Are you using a web browser to connect to MyFord Mobile?Ā  I have noticed problems with Internet Explorer showing the location the previous time I brought up the browser rather than the current position.Ā  The other information is correct--just the old location.Ā  I have been able to fix that by refreshing the web page.Ā  Also, on some of my computers, Internet Explorer refuses to show any location information at all.Ā  According to the MyFord Mobile web site, the following web browsers are required:

Ā 

• Internet Explorer 9+
  • Firefox 14+
  • Safari 5.14+
  • Chrome 20+

Ā 

The location does not show on my computers with Internet Explorer version 8.0.

Edited by larryh

So far, the MyFord Mobile app seems to be working fine on my Android phone. But 2 questions:

Ā 

1 - Can I also install this same app on my (Windows7) PC? I couldn't get it to install on my iPad2.Ā 

Ā 

2 - Is there a way to send me a text alert if my car is unplugged? For example, if I'm out at a restaurant and someone unplugs my car? I signed up for the "Fault" alerts but they are not for someone unplugging my car.

Ā 

Thanks!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks so much, meyersnole. Your link/instructions worked beautifully.Ā 

Ā 

I suppose that one could keep the app open on one's cell phone and keep updating it. And if it suddenly shows that it is unplugged, that is one way to know if someone else has maliciously unplugged the car. Better than nothing, but I'm surprised there isn't an alert via text when this happens.Ā 

Ā 

It hasn't happened to me, but I've already heard stories about EV-owners being angry when a plug-in hybrid is using a charging station. I do sympathize with EV-owners but seems a shame that the charging stations are the scene of disagreements.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks again.

Thanks so much, meyersnole. Your link/instructions worked beautifully.Ā 

Ā 

I suppose that one could keep the app open on one's cell phone and keep updating it. And if it suddenly shows that it is unplugged, that is one way to know if someone else has maliciously unplugged the car. Better than nothing, but I'm surprised there isn't an alert via text when this happens.Ā 

Ā 

It hasn't happened to me, but I've already heard stories about EV-owners being angry when a plug-in hybrid is using a charging station. I do sympathize with EV-owners but seems a shame that the charging stations are the scene of disagreements.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks again.

Actually it will notify you via text and/or email in any of those things.

Ā 

Just open the app and push the "Triangle" button on the lower right.

From there go to "Notification Settings"

Once there, you can select what item you want to be notified on, and how to notify you.

Ā 

It's really handy because you know when the charge is complete, and even if the alarm has been triggered.

Ā 

I set each one to send me a text and an email.

Hi, combsauthor. I already did exactly what you're describing but it's not working. I set up the notifications by going to the triangle, then selected Notification Settings, Charge Fault, and turned email, text, and MyFord Mobile to "On." Then I unplugged my car to see if it did anything and it doesn't. I've tried it twice.

Ā 

Have you actually received a text or email when your car is unplugged? I waited a long time both times.Ā 

Ā 

I can hit the "Update" button and see that my car is now unplugged but instant notification would be great. I think the "Charge Fault" refers to the charging cord showing a red light instead of a green one.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for your help and let me know if I am missing something obvious.

Hi Howard -

Yeah...I get updates on all of them, so let's figure this out if you don't mind some trouble shooting.

Ā 

Do you get text/email updates when the charge is complete?

Ā 

How about on the first screen after you have logged in...does it give a current status when you hit the "Update" button? It that part is working correctly, it should say (in tiny letters) "Updated less than a minute ago"

Hi, CombsAuthor. No, I do not get emails/texts when the charge is complete or for any other event, but it does tell me the current status when I log into MyFord Mobile. It says "Updated x minutes or hours ago." I can click on "Update" and it updates, but I was hoping for an email or text to be pushed to me when something happens. I already registered but just now tried to do it again just in case. It says my email address is already in use, so it has to have already received my registration okay. Besides the app wouldn't work at all if I hadn't registered, right?Ā 

Ā 

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S 3. I asked the Ford Dealer Facilitator where I bought the car to answer my questions about emails/texts not being pushed to me but he didn't answer. Maybe I'll call him again.Ā 

Ā 

I'm stumped ...

I really appreciate your patience with this, but I have already looked at Account/My Account and verified that my mail address, cell phone number, etc are correct.Ā 

Ā 

It's got to be something simple. By the way, I'm using Windows7 on my PC, not that that would make a difference. On the cell phone, I just tap on the icon for MyFord Mobile; I don't go into a browser first. But I never go into a browser on my cell phone. I'm getting all the data that MyFord Mobile provides except for the email and text alerts. It shows my location, battery charge level, gas gauge reading, odometer, and everything else.Ā 

Ā 

Don't spend any more time on it unless you love solving a mystery! Thanks.Ā 

No problem -

It looks like your data communicator module needs to be reset.

Ā 

Three options for you:

Ā 

1. Take it to your dealer to be checked.

2. Call Ford Service to troubleshoot and verify: 800-392-3673

3. On the inside fuse panel that is to the left of the steering column, pull Fuse #15 (Datalink/Gateway Module). Let the fuse stay out for 30 seconds and reinstall. This is on page 239 of your owner's manual.

Ā 

I hope this helps, please let me know how you are progressing.

• 2 weeks later...

I find it frustrating that I have to enter my password everytime the app cold-starts on my Android phone. Ā A good password is hard to type. Ā 

Ā 

Am I missing something? Is there a way to never prompt for password (I set a screen lock password) or prompt every 30 days?

Ā 

I believe it makes the app difficult to use. Ā  I can understand why they have a password given I can start my car from the app, however, I do not feel its worth the trade off.

Ā 

Thanks!

I bet that Ford's attorneys told them that they could be liable if the car was located by someone else and then stolen or whatever. (Think ex-significant other.)Ā 

Ā 

I'm sure you've thought of giving it an easier password since your phone is already password-protected. Yeah, putting in a password each time is aggravating but I love the app. I still wish it would send an alert when the car is unplugged (like when you're at a public charging station) but maybe that will be in a future update.

Ā 

Ā 

I bet that Ford's attorneys told them that they could be liable if the car was located by someone else and then stolen or whatever. (Think ex-significant other.)Ā 

Ā 

I'm sure you've thought of giving it an easier password since your phone is already password-protected. Yeah, putting in a password each time is aggravating but I love the app. I still wish it would send an alert when the car is unplugged (like when you're at a public charging station) but maybe that will be in a future update.

Actually it will...

Just turn on the "Plug in reminder" in the notifications area and you'll get a text/e-mail when it is unplugged before the charging is completed.

Unfortunately it still won't send me any kind of alert when the car is unplugged. I have all 3 notifications for "plug-in reminder" set to green. I've tried it twice.

Ā 

But it used to not send me alerts when the battery was fully charged and now it does, so maybe it will eventually alert me when/if someone unplugs my car. I'll try it again in a week or so.Ā 

Ā 

Thanks.