Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Screen Protector for MFT

meyersnole

Not sure how many also follow Blue Oval Forums. I think they are affiliated and I know they point to this forum so I hope it is okay to point back. Mods please let me know if I am breaking any rules.

One thing I have notices about my new car is that you will be touching that screen for Nav / Phone / Setup / Climate frequently and it will be covered in finger prints almost immediately. I saw a discussion on blue oval that I think should be brought over here: http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/51174-screen-protector-for-mft/

I ordered the Triple A one specifically for the finger prints. I plan to add window film to the windows, but I do not seem to have any glare problems yet. (Not Summer though either).

NuShield Triple A™ - Antiglare-Antimicrobial film

• Gives a moderate, matte finish to display
  • Prevents growth of germs on film surface
  • Best choice for public environments
  • Seamless installation-no adhesive lines
  • Almost as durable and scratch resistant as NuShield AG™
  • Scatters reflected light, minimizing its effects
  • Better antiglare performance than NuShield AG™
  • Hides fingerprints
  • Outdoor bright glare can overwhelm it - can darken
  • Works well to "fuzz out" reflected images
  • Eliminates 99% of UVB ultra violet light
  • Best for moderate light and reflected image reduction

NuShield DayVue™ Antireflective film

• Will greatly diminish glare, even under bright outdoor conditions
  • Cancels reflected light
  • Glossy film with no haze – maintains pure colors
  • Best under indirect bright light conditions
  • Direct sun can still wash out display
  • Can show fingerprints
  • Can show weak reflections
  • Eliminates 99% of UVB ultra violet light
  • Best for indirect bright light where reflected images are not a big concern

Yeah one of the big drawbacks to a touch-screen is how grubbed up by fingerprints it gets from normal daily operation.  I took the below pic when it was sunny outside, and it really shows the prints.  If you get one of the screen protectors please post a pic when it is sunny outside to maybe show a contrast of with/without using it.

MFT_Hybrid_Screen_zps408c2774.jpg

Will do, its coming by snail mail so not sure how long.

Pretty good weekend for me! New car on Friday, put an add for my car Saturday morning, got a call Saturday afternoon to set up an appt to meet Sunday morning... then SOLD! Need to take a vacation day on Monday to take care of all the details and get some rest!

Will do, its coming by snail mail so not sure how long.

Pretty good weekend for me! New car on Friday, put an add for my car Saturday morning, got a call Saturday afternoon to set up an appt to meet Sunday morning... then SOLD! Need to take a vacation day on Monday to take care of all the details and get some rest!

Where did you advertise the car you sold?  Just curious we seem to be in the same neighborhood and want to give that a shot in a couple of weeks or so.

Thanks

I put an add in Autotrader and spent the extra 20 to list it in KBB.com  I was going to also list it in craigslist, but honestly had a note in my inbox before I even noticed it was posted with a guy who wanted to see my car (3 hours later?). 

I keep my cars in excellent shape, and did not try for premium dollar so the guy was there for like 45 mins looking at my car but I could tell after the first five minutes it was sold.  When I listed the car the average price for a car that was similar to mine I took the avg (which also happened to be near KBB rating of private sale in Outstanding condition).  I could have probably gotten more, but I was happy that I sold it right away and still got about $2,500 - $3,000 over what they would have offered in trade.

This is a good area for selling cars, would highly recommend doing it yourself over the dealer. And if you later figure out its not your thing you can always take it carmax if you change your mind. Message me if you want any advice.  Good luck!

newbeetle, which dealer did you go to and place your order?

I originally went to Capital in Raleigh last year as they had the first Fusion Hybrid I found available for a test drive.

My spouse thought they were too far from south Durham so I contacted University to see if they would accept the X Plan.

They did and within a few days I placed my order.  I had been waiting quite a while to actually see some photos of the trunk area before I placed the order.

Thanks for the info on selling your car.

I don't have enough posts to PM you so if your comfortable in sending me an email my address is:  tzabransky  at  yahoo dot com

Troy

Got the screen protector and installed it tonight. Little bit of a pain to install, 8" to keep perfectly clear of dust and all. I am reasonably happy after 20 mins of fussing with it.

It does not completely eliminate the finger prints, but does seem to be an improvement. I will snap a picture tomorrow during the middle of the day. I will also come back in here and post my experience with it after a week or so of using it.For less then $20 I am reasonably happy with it. 

Never really had any glare problems, another problem it claims to solve. But its not summer time yet either.

OK.. after a day of playing with it here are my thoughts. It reduces fingerprints slightly. Its a little easier to clean. I does not seem to do much for glare (at least when I opened the moon roof).

Overall pretty happy, just was hoping for better fingerprint reduction.... don't expect a miracle.

Hello Meyersnole and or other members,

I went to the manufactorer website to order this product, but I need brand and model. Can you tell me how you got yours? If you got the model or more info it would be appreciated. I was wanting the triple A one. Does the dealers sale one? Thanks

Edited by FusionEnergi

Hello Meyersnole and or other members,

I went to the manufactorer website to order this product, but I need brand and model. Can you tell me how you got yours? If you got the model or more info it would be appreciated. I was wanting the triple A one. Does the dealers sale one? Thanks

Hi FusionEnergi -- the brand you want is Ford, the model Fusion '12 - 13 The type will be either Day View or Triple A. I ordered the Triple A as I was doing this mostly for the fingerprints.

I never asked my dealer about this.

• 2 weeks later...

NuShield Triple A™ - Antiglare-Antimicrobial film

You can see here on the corner the screen that was applied.

NuShield Triple A™ - Antiglare-Antimicrobial film #2

I really put my fingers all over this before snapping the picture, if there was bright sun you would be able to see some fingerprints. But most of the time it looks clean like this.

NuShield Triple A™ - Antiglare-Antimicrobial film #3

Here is the screen while its on.

Diggin the new avatar FusionEnergi.

Also please post after a few days if you are getting any fingerprint relief with the DayVue. Will be interesting in the summer time if I will regret not going your route, I was mainly focused on clearing up some of the fingerprints as it was very bad with just the screen.

Solid job on applying the film too... how long did it take you?

I have a little experience putting on films so it was under 5 minutes. The top right corner of the film was slightly bent so it doesn't make contact, but I can use that to my advantage if I ever need to remove it.

I noticed without the film my fingerprints were all over the display. Now with the film I have not seen any show up, but I will keep you posted.

Edited by FusionEnergi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So did everyone like this screen protector?

I assume it comes in the correct size.

Question....  before applying, what is the best way to clean your screen first?  Or is the blue cloth the best way ?

Yep.  I like the NuShield Triple A.  It comes in the correct size for the main stack display.  When you order the screen protector, you can buy a pack of Klear Screen cleaners (3 to a pack) for an extra $1.99.  You clean the screen with one of those before you apply the protector.