Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Fusion Energi Titanium

chillval

Hi all; New member here. couple of questions for the forum

1. What is the best price anybody could get so far? invoice+?; anybody was able to get costco rebate on this? 

2. Do we need to pay for Ford Advertiser Assessment for $670? 

3. Head lamps, it says halogen lamps? I thought all luxury cars have better lights than this? right?

4. Trunk space; it says 8.2 cuft? it feels like two step ladder? How many small suitcases (airline cabin baggage)can you really fit in?

Please advise. Thanks.for your time. 

1. What is the best price anybody could get so far? invoice+?; anybody was able to get costco rebate on this?

2. Do we need to pay for Ford Advertiser Assessment for $670?

3. Head lamps, it says halogen lamps? I thought all luxury cars have better lights than this? right?

4. Trunk space; it says 8.2 cuft? it feels like two step ladder? How many small suitcases (airline cabin baggage)can you really fit in?

1. I have heard of Invoice +$300. In my area everyone wanted MSRP, but the dealer I hammered finally agreed to Inv+900. I tried, but have been told Costco Auto Program doesn't do this vehicle. Too low volume. They stop with the hybrid.

2. Alas, yes. Unless you can wheel and deal enough to negate it.

3. Yes, Halogen. I would much prefer HID, but my wife has said the halogens aren't bad. I haven't driven it after dark yet. And there are some good aftermarket HID kits out for H11's now. If you're looking for a great-quality halogen bulb though, that's brighter and whiter than factory and easier and cheaper than an HID upgrade, the only one I would ever use and have used many times in the past is eurolamps.com. These things are the beesknees! Great performance. Silverstars have NOTHING on eurolamps.com. I'm not at all affiliated, just a very happy former and maybe future customer. (My other car is HID and I'm thinking about making the Fusion so as well).

4. Two carry-ons in the trunk should not be a problem. And though there isn't much of a pass-through, the rear seats DO fold down for a somewhat flat load-bed in the rear seat area. A few larger bags would fit here if needs be. Otherwise, grocery shopping, and other errands shouldn't be an issue with the trunk.

Good Luck!

Edited by Scooter80

On the headlights, it is a significant step down from the xenon lights in my previous car, but this is overcome by the auto high beam feature of the car.

My wife always hated me following her in my other car because of how bright the headlights were, probably not going to be an issue in this car.  So far no real issues driving though, but I live in a populated area and mostly drive on lighted streets anyway.

1) I got invoice + $300 and I got the same deal for another person. I also had them add front and rear mud flaps.  :-D

2) Everything is a part of the negotiation. That said, however, the theory is that fee is charged to the dealer by their Ford area (think multi-state in size) to advertize your car. All the dealers pool money and so you see state wide 'Ford' advertising. Whereas your dealer could never afford an ad buy in magazines and TV, Ford and their area association can.

I think the fee is a little high myself. I think that is one of the best arguments for x-plan pricing is limits on fees, but not that one by name.

Edited by shaggy314

1) Thanks to X-Plan, I am paying $105 over dealer invoice. But I had to pay $50 to qualify for X-Plan, so maybe I should say I'm paying $155 over invoice.

2) My order includes $669 for advertising assessment, $15 for "MDA assessment" and $47.88 for fuel charge.

4) Just from looking at the Energi trunk at the San Jose Auto Show, I expect it can hold 3 carry-ons. But I won't be able to confirm until I get my hands on this car. (So hard to wait...)

• 4 weeks later...

Here are some photos I took showing two standard carry on bags fitting in the trunk.  There is some space remaining on the right side but not enough to fit another carry on.  They are too tall to stand up in the trunk.  There is also a little space up on top of the battery for something flat.

post-172-0-05208100-1366124540_thumb.jpg

post-172-0-16582400-1366124541_thumb.jpg

post-172-0-37824900-1366124542_thumb.jpg

post-172-0-01015100-1366124543_thumb.jpg