Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Lesser Known Features and Functions

Energized

Where Am I ? - Travel Link

A new Travel Link feature added in 3.6.2 is the Where Am I? button.

An easier way to access this feature is via voice commands:

<press Sync button>   "Where Am I"

It provides the street you're on and the name and distance to the next cross street.   In addition, the screen shows Lat/Long and the distance from the last cross street.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not experienced it but EV+ is a feature that learns frequent destinations and allows the car to stay in pure EV  mode if you're close enough even if it would otherwise start using the gas engine.

Yup, I love the EV+! By the time I get near my home, I am running in Hybrid mode and because of EV+, I can make it on all electric. Without it, the gas engine would come on to charge back up the Hybirid battery when it drops close to a quarter charge.

Careful with this one... I believe the circle is line of sight distance. So this would only really be accurate if our cars could fly. lol!

But then remember it goes to hybrid mode and you actually have a little more.  I've run it down tight and never had the engine come on even when the destination is slightly outside the circle.

ChuckJ

• 3 weeks later...

NAVIGATION FEATURE:

When your EV range gets low, the map displays two circles around your location visually indicating how far you can travel with your remaining EV miles.  The inner circle is a higher confidence range and the outer circle is a lower confidence range.

With this feature you can tell if your set destination (checkered flag) is within predicted EV range.

I don't see two circles. Also, there is a circle that constantly blinks surrounding the car icon. Is that what you are talking about? I wish I could turn that off. The constant blinking is annoying.

I don't see two circles. Also, there is a circle that constantly blinks surrounding the car icon. Is that what you are talking about? I wish I could turn that off. The constant blinking is annoying.

Not sure why you don't see the two circles, but suggest you try setting it to measure MPGe in the settings menu.  They are very conservative, because they don't include the hybrid portion of the battery.

I have the blinking circle and have always assumed it was the standard.  Yes, it is very annoying and appears useless.  

ChuckJ

Edited by ChuckJ

Could the blinking circle be an Error of Probability circle?  Meaning that your true location could be anywhere within that circle.  Problem with this thought is that the circle never changes size.  As the number of visible satellites changes, I'd expect the EOP to change size as well.  In any case - I too wish I could turn it off or, if it is an EOP, use it to ascertain how accurate my current position is.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the active noise control (sound dampening system) is always "on" even if the sound system is turned off?  Other than the following reference in the fuse table:

33 20A1 Radio, Active noise control  I can't find any information on it.

Noise cancellation uses the car's sound system.  It is always on (even when the audio unit is turned off).  You cannot turn active noise cancellation off (other than pulling the fuse).

VOICE GUIDANCE ON / OFF -  Navigation

While in the Nav mode, using the voice command "Voice Guidance Off" turns off the verbal directions from the nav system.   Once the verbal commands are off, they stay off until you turn them back on.  It will not reset to On.   You can turn the verbal commands back on with "Voice Guidance On"

This feature is handy when:

1) you're using the nav system to monitor your distance to destination so you can properly budget your remaining EV miles

2) you don't want the Nav lady interrupting your music all the time with commands

FYI: Thanks....I have made good use of this tip :)

I think this May answer your question markb. My car came with this feature set to unlock all doors.

Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote control for three seconds to change between driver door or all doors unlock mode. The turn signals will flash twice to indicate a change to the unlocking mode. Driver door unlock mode will only unlock the driver door when the unlock button is pressed once. All door unlock mode will unlock all doors with one press of the unlock button. The unlocking mode applies to the remote control, keyless entry keypad and intelligent access. You can also change the mode in the information display. See General Information (page 84).

OK, sorry, I wasn't clear.  So, I'm on the driver side and my wife's on the passenger side.  The fob is my pocket and I want it to stay there.  How do I unlock my door AND her door?  I know how to unlock mine but she claims she can't do the same from her side.

When I walk up to the car, with the fob in my pocket, I pull on the handle and the door opens. My wife pulls on her handle and the door opens. My daughter pulls on the back handle and it opens...

OK, sorry, I wasn't clear. So, I'm on the driver side and my wife's on the passenger side. The fob is my pocket and I want it to stay there. How do I unlock my door AND her door? I know how to unlock mine but she claims she can't do the same from her side.

Go around to her side and open the door for her. This will show her how much you love her and how much of a gentlemen you are. This will also give you the opportunity to diagnose the door issue(in your mind).

Sounds like a win win to me.

Edited by FusionEnergi