Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Lesser Known Features and Functions

Energized

There definitely is a setting you need to update in the car. Mine came set so only the drivers door would open by just grabbing the handle while locked. I went into the settings menu and changed this to all doors and now anyone can open their door by just grabbing the handle if I' m in the neighnorhood of the car.

My headlights automatically dim, but they do so with the slightest reflection off a sign or other object. Ā Does anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity?

Ā 

ChuckJ

I don't think the headlights (low beams) dim. There is an auto-dim feature of the high beams which is probably the dimming that you notice. You can turn off the auto high beam function through the settings. See page 69 in the manual for the auto high beams.

Ā 

I'm in an urban area so I turned off the auto high beams since they were frequently turning on and off.

• 2 months later...

Electric Charge Station POIs Displayed On Map

The MFT Nav system allows for POIs to be continually displayed on the map. The driver can select up to 3 POI categories to be displayed (gas stations, parking, airport, lodging, etc).

Electric Charge Stations is one category of POIs that I find useful to display on the map. For stations such as Chargepoint and Blink, the corporate logo is displayed.

Displaying POIs can be easily selected by touching the map which brings up a 'Display POI' button along the bottom of the map.

Edited by Energized

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'll add one that I found useful. Ā When navigating down the road you can hit the "i" button and get gas prices. Ā You can go a step further and get prices of ONLY the stations that are along your route.

Ā 

Is there a setting for approach lighting?

You can also access fuel prices thru the voice commands.

Ā 

"Gas Prices" or "Show Fuel Prices"

Once you get used to the SYNC voice commands, it's nice that you can set the interaction and feedback to be at more advanced levels. Saying "interaction mode advanced" provides less audible interaction and more tone prompts. Saying "confirmation prompts off" makes a best guess from the command, but you may still occasionally be asked to confirm settings. You can also do this with media and phone candidate lists.