Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFordMobile.com

47Minutes

I'm curious who is trying to use http://phev.myfordmobile.com with their Energi and thought I would share my experience thus far.

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 which is a Windows Phone and thus the MyFord Mobile apps are not available to me.  So I am restricted to using the website either on desktop or from my mobile.  Before I had access I watched this video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY_AlRsPyQc&fwid=1251735728788  which is published on the Ford owner site.  So I had some expectations going in based upon what I saw on this video.  Specifically, I wanted the driving statistics, badly.

Well, upon first use of myfordmobile.com it seemed to me that it was lacking and I thought perhaps it was a browser issue.  So I've tried it on nearly all available browsers.  In all cases the My Driving and My Community are specifically missing.  Also missing is the ability to locate charge stations.

So finally I reached out to myfordmobile.com support.  A very pleasant (via email) Enterprise Architect with Connected Services & Solutions Organization named James contacted me.  Here are some of the things he's confirmed for me thus far.

1. There are no plans on the roadmap to make a Windows Phone app.  Sucks for me and the obviously small number of WP users buying Energis.

2. The PHEV (Energi/CMax) version of the site does not yet have the full functionality or feature set that the EV (Focus Electric) has.  Thus the My Driving and My Community and charging station locations is not yet a part of the site.

3. It IS on the roadmap for the site to add in the charging station locator (confirmed)

4. I expect they also plan to add in the functionality of the My Driving and My Community tabs too (unconfirmed)

5. He did admit that the Energi specific video about myfordmobile.com was a bit misleading in terms of what is available.  James said he'd pass this along for consideration of changing the information presented.

Anyway, I like the site.  I like the vehicle locator function though it took almost a week before it would show any location other than when it was parked at my work.  I like the ability to remotely lock/unlock the car.  I've spent a few moments thinking about screwing with my wife when she was driving it!  Also here you can set up your "Go Times" and change your charge setting from "now" to "value charge" for off peak charging.

In the end the site is no more than a novelty for me at this point to occasionally play around with.  If the day ever comes that for some reason I have to use it to locate my car for real or unlock it in an emergency then it will significantly more useful.  But with out the charger locator and, most importantly, the driving statistics as laid out in the video, it really doesn't fill a true need for me.

So that's about it.  I'm trying to patiently wait until they add enhancements, hopefully the ones I want.  And I continue to hold out hope that they'll put together a Windows Phone version.

Yeah, it got me too!

Have to make sure you've pressed the "iPhone apps" button on the top of the search pane in the iTunes Store on your iPad.

Thank you.

When did that change?

I used to get three horizontal rows with iPad only apps, iPhone only apps, and iPad and iPhone apps.

I don't have an iPhone so it never dawned on me to try the iPhone search.