Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFord Mobile App

mczajka

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just installed the MyFord Mobile app and love the idea. I have an Android and it doesn't remember my password either.

I love that I can see my present mileage and gas tank level but wonder if I am missing other data. I welcome any feedback to educate me on other things I should be able to see on this app. 

For example, does anyone know if one's Lifetime Summary can be displayed on the app? If so, what are the steps?

Also, it will not display the owner's manual. This is disappointing but not surprising. I have been unable to obtain a PDF of the owners manual since I got the car last month. I have the paper copy but would love a PDF too. Have looked everywhere - Motorcraft, etc. It always comes up for just the regular Fusion or maybe the Fusion Hybrid, but not the Fusion Energi. I've contacted my salesman plus the dealer facilitator but the PDF version just doesn't seem to be available. Sometimes I feel like the 2013 Ford Fusion Energi doesn't exist!

Love the car. Appreciate everyone's help on this forum.

Here is the HTML version for the Hybrid/Energi:  http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdirsnet/OwnerGuide_EU/Default.aspx?bookcode=O21825&market=US&language=EN&title=2013%20Fusion%20Hybrid/Energi

Or this should get you the PDF:  http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WODFHY/~MUS~LEN/42/13fhyom1e.pdf

PDF says 1st Printing and I'm not sure if there have been subsequent printings of it.

Edited by 47Minutes

:banghead:

An Error has been detected.

• You do not have permissions to this site/page or
  • Your access permission may have timed out.

Maybe you can dropbox it?

Go to

http://www.motorcraftservice.com

Click on Owner Guides

Click on 2013

Click on Fusion Hybrid/Energi

Click on Owner Manual 1st Printing

Click on View Content

Save the .pdf file

Since the system also provides the location of the vehicle (even while its in motion) I can see why there would also be privacy concerns and the need for secure access.  The security of the unlocking feature is also important of course.

Given that, it would be nice if you can at least access the battery level info without the password.

• 3 weeks later...

Suddenly started receiving email/text alerts from MyFord Mobile app for first time!

Just an FYI that this morning for some reason I started getting the email and text alerts for when the battery was charged on my car. I don't know if it made any difference, but I had forgotten to plug my car in last night at 9PM and jumped out of bed this morning to plug it in. I noticed that the MyFord Mobile app told me exactly when the battery would be charged. I don't remember seeing that before. Anyhow - yeay! everything is now working with the app, although I haven't tested the "Your car is unplugged" alert. 

I did email a service adviser at a local Ford dealership this morning asking about a "Battery Saving System" error message I got yesterday. Anyhow, haven't heard back from him but have seen posts about the battery saver system on-line and it sounds like it could be a problem. In the same email I mentioned the small problem of MyFord Mobile app not sending email/text alerts. As always, I include my VIN and maybe he was able to reset something using that? 

So, don't know how, but the alerts from the app are now working. Or at least the "Battery now charged" alert is working. 

• 3 weeks later...

I still can't get the 4-digit passcode to work on my Samsung Galaxy S3. 'Must have typed it many times, over several tries. After I type in the passcode, the only option to "Enter" is the "Go" button on the phone's virtual keyboard. 'Don't know what else to try. Suggestions?

I do like the new MyFord Mobile features once I get into the app (using my email address and regular password), but am confused what many of the new readings stand for. I would love to see my Lifetime Summary in the app. Or is it there and I'm just not finding it?

Thanks.

Lifetime summary is not yet in the app, but it seems to use some of that data to show how many gallons of gas you've saved and how many lbs of CO2 emissions you've kept out of the atmosphere.  I doubt Ford is ever going to be done improving the application, so something like that is something I would expect to eventually come along.

I never tried the 4 digit pin thing.  I have a smart phone, but I don't use it as a phone. I'm kind of trialing it just off of WiFi to see if it's something I could benefit from (Inherited it from a co-worker who upgraded).  So far, I like it.  But I can't justify 65 bucks a month when I currently pay 100 for a whole year. :rockon: