Ford Fusion Energi Forum

MyFord Mobile App

mczajka

Well I spoke too soon. The MyFord Mobile app is still not giving me the option to sign in with just my 4-digit passcode. One day it let me select a passcode and then go into the app, but after that one time, it still requires me to type in my email address and long password. I looked into My Profile/Account to see if there is somewhere to change the signin option to just the passcode but I didn't find it. Has anyone else found a way to set the login process to ask for just the 4-digit passcode?

Well, at least it is otherwise working great. Hopefully they are still working on the login process and a few other "quirks" like saying the car was accidentally unplugged right after it has just told me that my car is now fully charged. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Completely unacceptable in this day and age.

For them to invest the time and energy to make it offer up the PIN option and then not bother taking the time to thoroughly test it?

And to add a little insult to the injury the "Remember me" doesn't seem to work either.

How bush league is that?  Right now being met with "update failed" as well.  Nice.  Sure hope they did a little better on the air bags.

Samsung Galaxy S4.

Edited by Dune

• 3 weeks later...

Myford Mobile is only for PHEV or full electric vehicles.  Any other vehicle, including hybrids, do not have an application like this... at least for now.  Ford may expand the website to include the whole fleet.  It is not model specific so long as it has a plug... it'll work with the Fusion Energi SE and Titanium, The C-Max Energi, or the Ford Focus Electric.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Lifetime Summary" available now on MyFord Mobile app? Does anyone know if the MFM app has been updated to show one's "Lifetime Summary"? I just looked and don't see it, but it could be hiding somewhere. I know it didn't used to show it, and that may still be the case, but thought I'd ask if anyone has seen/found it on the MFM app.

Thanks. 

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know where I can read up on MyFordMobile? My C-MAX never gave me a second chance to verify myself (or whatever it's supposed to do) 24 hours after initially opening my account. Most of the actions on the phone app are disabled, and I don't see any place to change from the hard-to-type-on-a-phone password to a PIN. Basically the app is useless. What have I done wrong? how can I fix it?

Thanks

Does anyone know where I can read up on MyFordMobile? My C-MAX never gave me a second chance to verify myself (or whatever it's supposed to do) 24 hours after initially opening my account. Most of the actions on the phone app are disabled, and I don't see any place to change from the hard-to-type-on-a-phone password to a PIN. Basically the app is useless. What have I done wrong? how can I fix it?

Thanks

Hi jlight, 

If you haven't received the second verification message on your MyFord Touch screen yet, delete the vehicle from MyFord Mobile and re-add it. This will start the process over again. If you have trouble getting the second message this time, send me a PM with your full name and VIN and I'll let you know what I suggest. Let me know if you're still having trouble with the PIN. 

jlight, I would check with one of the Ford Reps who monitor these boards. Others have had difficulties getting MFM to communicate with their cars. They had to get Ford Engineering to help get things working correctly. Good Luck!

Thanks for the name drop, frbill. I appreciate it. :)

Kim

• 1 month later...

I had this exact problem with my Fusion Energi.  Ford has been working on the problem for 8 weeks now for me.  I JUST got it working yesterday!   Here is what I did:

Pulled Fuse #10 in the Passenger fuse panel under the dash and reseated it

Deleted the car from the app

Cleared all of the app settings on the phone

Deleted the app

Performed a master reset on the system in the car (go in through the settings menu)

Re-paired my phone with the car (make sure to accept the access requests for both the phone & the texting) 

Re loaded the MFM app onto my phone and re-added the car

I got the 2nd confirmation message 24 hours later.  Pain in the ass, especially because I had to go in and reprogram all of my settings, radio presets, pre-fab text replies, etc.    I am not sure which part of this made it work, or if it was the whole thing. 

• 1 year later...

The app is rough around the edges and seems to work best on apple products. Even still the best advice I could give anyone who is having issues is to delete the app from the phone and re-install. I had some very weird startup issues and the re-install allowed it to work. The SYNC system can be put through a "hard reset" (final attempt in most cases). I found a one line about deleting and re-installing of the app and it was a life saver!