Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Go time

TripleX

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried the go time with. 240 charger. Didn't work with it either. Ford dealer didn't have any idea. Service dept had to get a salesman to answer some of my questions and I knew more than him.

Did you enter the GO time directly into the car or use the mobile app?

If you used the mobile app does your car have access to the AT&T cellular network at the place it is parked for charging?

I have to ask this - Was the charger connected to the car at least an hour before the GO time?

Is the clock in the car correct?  If I use the GPS set for the clock it is an hour slow because apparently DST was too complicated for the amateur programmers that did MFT to understand.

I have  used GO times at least 7 times so far and it has worked every time.

The only "gotcha" is the programmer didn't know how long it takes to warm the car so I have to set the GO time 15 minutes earlier than I want to leave to have it finish on time.

I ran one experiment when the A/C was needed to cool the car and was disappointed in what happened.  The A/C ran for a long time and then it was turned off and the heater was turned on to correct the overshoot because the A/C was on too long.

Can you select the edit button under Go Times?  That button is always grayed out for me.  It do not have the option of turning all the go times on or off, i.e. vacation mode, or editing them/looking at them in the car.  I use the myfordmobile.com web site to set the go times.  The interface is very frustrating--it doesn't always do what you ask.  But if I can get the interface to do what I want, the go times work on the car.  If I go to the settings screen and look at the version, I see the following:

CCPU SW Version: 4.29.12285_PRODUCT

This is what I see when the current Go Time is active.  You will see the Edit button is grayed out.

tn_gallery_187_17_36358.jpg

Edited by larryh

I also have V3.5.1.  So the Go Times should work if you have Sync VersionGen2 - V3.5.1 and system version 4.29.12285_PRODUCT.

You could always try a master reset to see if that helps, but that will erase all your settings and you will need to pair your phone again. 

Edited by larryh