Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Warranty issue

TripleX

Had the car just over a week now and found some scratches in the drivers rear window looks like it happen when dealer removed window sticker. My selling dealer is in Atlanta ga. I live in south Carolina so I am going to take the car to my local dealer in sc. Do any of y'all think I will have a problem getting them to fix this since I didn't buy the car from them? Also some of the seats have whitegreyish marks in the leather gonna try to get them to remedy this also.

Depends on the dealership.  Cosmetic things are usually difficult to have remedied.  A friend of mine took her Focus to a dealership closer to where she lives to have the Sync system upgraded (it was a dealership upgrade, not a downloadable one, and was to be done free of charge) and the first thing they asked was "Did you buy it here?"  Shouldn't matter, but then they said they needed the car for the whole day and possibly overnight and basically did everything they could to shoo her away, blah blah blah.  She rolled up to the dealership she bought it from and as before, they said it was a 2 hour upgrade and they could do it right away.

Not every dealership is going to give a hard time... not every associate will give you a hard time.  It's basically a coin toss.

It may sound mean, but in those cases, I'd get the name of that person and their supervisor. As you leave make sure to mention that you will let Ford know of their commitment to customer service and thank them for their time. Don't be an ass, be polite, and let them know you are serious. I'm happy to take my business elsewhere and let their Ford partners know of their willingness to support and service all Ford customers.

It also doesn't hurt to have Ford Customer service's number on your phone, I do.

It may sound mean, but in those cases, I'd get the name of that person and their supervisor. As you leave make sure to mention that you will let Ford know of their commitment to customer service and thank them for their time. Don't be an ass, be polite, and let them know you are serious. I'm happy to take my business elsewhere and let their Ford partners know of their willingness to support and service all Ford customers.

It also doesn't hurt to have Ford Customer service's number on your phone, I do.

That is my plan. It's not my fought that their salesman wouldn't work with me. I am going to need a local dealer to do maintenance so hopefully they won't turn me away. Shaggy can you send me that number just incase?