Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Buzzing/Rattling Sound on Passenger Side

mets67

Today was first day with car and had a good time watching all the EV lights do their thing. However if I didn't have the radio on I wold hear a buzzing, almost rattling sound coming from the passenger side. At first I thought maybe it was the glove compartment not fully secured, but then even with the glove compartment open the noise continued. Anyone else have this problem and have a clue what it is? Thanks

You shouldn't hear any rattling at all.  Does it sound like plastic or metal?  I've heard of shenanigans with workers accidentally leaving soda cans in the doors, but that's pretty rare.  Everything should be tight with the fit and finish.  Try opening the passenger door and shake it to see if you get a rattle from that.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2014 Fusion Hybrid. I think we may be experiencing the same problem. I get a buzzing sound, almost like an eletrical resonance, when I'm accelerating the car. I notice it only occurs when the gas engine is enabled and the battery is being charged. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning to see if they have any insight. 

Did you by chance ever resolve it?

I have a 2014 Fusion Hybrid. I think we may be experiencing the same problem. I get a buzzing sound, almost like an eletrical resonance, when I'm accelerating the car. I notice it only occurs when the gas engine is enabled and the battery is being charged. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow morning to see if they have any insight. 

Did you by chance ever resolve it?

Let me know how your dealer trip goes, Abominables. I'll be happy to check into some additional assistance. :)

Meagan