Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Post your Ford Fusion Titanium purchase Price

darker123

Guys I been shopping around the web trying to access a good pricing point for Ford Fusion Energi Titanium.

I'm yet to see an offer from a dealer, they are so unwilling to quote a price via email... They want you "in a shop" but I will never walk in without a firm price to pay.

So I was wondering if some of you who already have purchase Ford Fusion Energi Titanium can post their price paid and include all the options in their car and incentives if any.

That would give me and other people looking a good grasp of what the expected price should be.

Edited by darker123

Below is a link where the dealer will advertise prices up front... however note that the price advertised does not include the $795 freight as well as the tax/tags/processing... where some other dealers may have the $795 freight lumped into the purchase price and then have the disclaimer about not including tax/tags/processing.

http://www.appleford.com/searchnew.aspx?model=Fusion+Energi&tags=none&make=Ford&trim=Titanium

Wow I have to say thanks for the link great pricing..... I will definately use it in my negotiations.

Or you can just drive down and get it from them, as my wife and I drove up to NJ a few years ago to get the car with just the right config that she wanted -- I guess it depends on one's perspective on road trips as to whether they are a chore or something enjoyable to see a place he or she hasn't seen before.  As for us, we love road trips - but I guess they aren't for everyone so to each his/her own.

Edited by jeff_h

Also try Truecar.com and AAA.com (who uses KBB.com). I was lucky in that two major dealers in town were happy to price against each other, with a third on stand by. I went back and forth and stopped when I got to a fair price in my mind. I've heard of people paying MSRP and even more on these. Be prepared to walk away.

Remember Ford has a 3% hold back so even on invoice price they are making that 3%. They will also try to get you on ESP and accessories. All of it is negotiable and price compare!

I paid $350 over invoice and got a referal to another person to get that same price before they cut off getting that deal. Go in with pricing and compare, some will deal just to get the sale off a close competitor.

Edited by shaggy314

I don't think that you could do better on the Energi than using X-Pan. The X-Plan price is right on the invoice. Ford also caps the dealer fees at $100 on X-Plan purchases. The only caveat is that not all dealers are willing to sell the Energi on X-Plan

You can check the X-Plan prices on www.fordpartner.com. Use partner code MC405 to get into the site. This is the partner code for the Mustang Club of America (MCA). At the site you can configure the car exactly as you would like it and get the exact price that you will pay for it (not including tax, etc.).It lists all incentives/rebates as well.

If your dealer will accept X-Plan on an Energi all you need to do is subscribe to the MCA for $50 a year and you can get 2 X-Plan Pins a year. Although it is possible to generate a pin using the information I'm including here without actually subscribing to the MCA, I would strongly suggest not doing that. When I bought my 2013 Explorer using this method, the dealer asked to see my MCA membership card. I had not received at the time, so I had to log into the system and print the membership information to prove to the dealer I was in fact a subcriber of the MCA.

I bought the Energi using an X-Plan Pin I reveiced from a person that works for Ford whom I met trough my current company. We are a supplier to Ford, but the company is not officially receving the Partner benefits (X-Plan).

Hope this helps!

Regards,
APM

i bought mine for $700 back of invoice, plus the $1500. so $2200 back of invoice. in california.

I think the prices depend a lot on the area where you live. Here in Florida and in Miami specifically, dealers did not want to sell the Energi on X-Plan when I was looking to buy in February. I ended up having to place a custom order. In the end I convinced the dealer to sell me one in stock instead of having to wait for the customer order. They were resisting until the last minute.

The dealers here belive that the Energi will make them a large profit as they get on the F-150 Raptors, and they rather have the car sit on the lot for months rather than lower the price. The dealer where I bought mine had ordered 4 stock and 1 retail (mine) Energi's. They still have 4 on the lot.  

Now I'm not sure if they haven't sold becuase the demand is not really there for Plug-in EV or because they are asking for too much. One thing is for sure, they don't have the Energi's properly charge for test drives. I think that test driving the car on EV will close a lot of sales for them.

Regards,

APM

Just pick up the Fusion Energi Titanium today for $6K below MSRP, which was even below the Truecar chart for the same configure car.

I think it was just a combination between the Memorial's day sale + end of the month + doing the homework by bring in some other dealer's pricing and have this dealer beat it. Also, it didn't hurt to by telling the sales guy that we were willing to take a car off his lot today if the pricing is right. Since this weekend the dealership are expecting a lot of potential sale, they didn't waste any of my time haggling with me.

Picked up my Titanium Energi yesterday:

MSRP                         $43,280

Dealer Discount          $  4,200

Rebate                        $  2,000

Coupon                       $     750 

Net Price                     $36.330

I'm good with the deal plus they gave me the number I was looking for on my trade.  Now so much to learn about the car!

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up a black Titanium w/moonroof and navigation for $37,061 including the destination charge.  I think I could have done better, but I didn't want to spend too much time on it, so I just went to one dealer (Capitol Expressway Ford in San Jose) and got out as quick as I could.

With the $5k in state and federal tax breaks, plus free parking in San Jose, I think that's a pretty good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the vehicle that I wanted on line, and it happened to be in San Diego.  Energi Titanium with all options.  They had a live chat so I negotiated their best price on line through chat.  I think I got a fair deal....  

MSRP = $45,475

"Internet Discount" = $3700

Ford Incentives = $2500

Ford Coupon = $750

Internet Coupon = $100

Total price before taxes = $38,425

The dealer submitted the $1500 rebate (I will receive a check) for California Clean Vehicle Rebate Project, and I am also looking forward to the $3750 Federal Tax Credit.  Although I qualify for HOV stickers, I don't know if I want green stickers on my car....

I found the vehicle that I wanted on line, and it happened to be in San Diego.  Energi Titanium with all options.  They had a live chat so I negotiated their best price on line through chat.  I think I got a fair deal....

I've used email to negotiate sales prices since 2002 (hate going in-person), but never used the online chat... that sure makes it quick and you don't have to sit there in a salesman's cubicle for who-knows-how-long.

Got an SE with Moonroof, Nav, Driver Assist, Reverse Sensing. MSRP 42480. Dealer sale 3990, plus 1500 ford rebate. My price 36990. In CA we get an additional 1500 rebate plus the 3750 Fed so the net price after rebates will be 32K. I think I got a fair price it was better than the X plan price. Maybe I could have squeezed another 500 to 1000 but that's a maybe.

• 1 month later...

Damn, I think I got rolled.  I may have paid more for a SE.

MSRP was 43,840.  I used KBB to find the local average purchase price.  I paid 41,500 out the door, which was about the average before taxes and fees.  But I also had a trade in.  They gave me more than what KBB said I should get, so...  I don't know.  I tried doing the math, estimating the taxes/fees and used the KBB value for my trade in and according to that, I came out ahead.

And it's pretty loaded for an SE.  Only missing lane-keeping really.

Just looked back over the thread, looked like most of the Titaniums had lower MSRPs.

• 2 weeks later...

I orignally wrote this: Just got mine fully loaded (except for active cruise control) $38200 and $41k out the door with taxes/tag/title with a 1.84% interest rate. MSRP $44,720.

I looked at my paperwork and I was wrong.  The car price was $37,589 and I paid $41k out the door. They just agreed to give me the $750 back from the coupon that I got in the mail on top of that.

$40,339 total then I get my $3750 back from Uncle Sam and along with the state sales tax write off when I do my taxes which should amount to another $500 or so.  That's $36,089 total.

Whoever says this car isn't worth it cause it's overpriced is not a very smart shopper.

• 1 month later...

Ford is having great rebates on the 2013 models right now.

Just picked up my Energi Titanium yesterday at James Ford in Half Moon Bay, CA (San Francisco Bay Area):

2013 White Platinum Fusion Energi Titanium MSRP    $43,280  (Options: Moonroof & Navigation)

James Ford September Internet Sale                         $40,000

Minus $4,500 Ford rebate                                         $  4,500

Minus $1,000 Competitive Ownership Ford rebate      $  1,000

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Sale Price                                                        $34,500.00

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the $4,000 Federal tax credit and $1,500 California State tax credit, it brings the car to $29,000.