Ford Fusion Energi Forum

San Leandro Fusion Energy Titanium

Regman

Congrats.  I'm actually very surprised at the number of people who are trading in their imports for one of these rides.

Going from 2002 tech to 2013 tech is quite a leap. :)  I'm sure you'll love the ride as much as we do.

Imagine my surprise... these things call a-i-r-b-a-g-s. My not so new now 1993 Intgra was the only Honda in the US that year without them.

I bought mine 3 weeks ago and I am happy so far. I traded in a 2002 330ci BMW. A few weird glitches, like the rear window defroster and heater coming on spontaneously during a very warm day. I was able to control it however.

Welcome to the Fusion Energi Forum

Congrats.  I'm actually very surprised at the number of people who are trading in their imports for one of these rides.

Going from 2002 tech to 2013 tech is quite a leap. :)  I'm sure you'll love the ride as much as we do.

I noticed a lot of import converts too.

Maybe it's my age and needing more safety information/assistance ;-) or maybe I'm tired of playing the OPEC game. Or maybe the Beemer is about to get very expensive with brake maintenance, etc. it just seemed right the right time to switch. I've been looking at hybrIds for some time now and was pretty impressed with the Fusion. And then I went and test drove the Energi and that was it. I stopped driving the beemer like a racecar driver a long time ago so mentally I was ready for a change. Plus I'm a techno freak so this will keep me entertained for a long time. I expect bugs since this is a new model. I am an electronic engineer.

They were able to correct the defroster and heater issues with a software update.

There is a good learning curve to get everything out of this vehicle so I have read the manual (gasp), watched the videos and now I'm here to glean all of the stuff that isn't said in the manufacturer info.

I do love my Beemer but the Fusion Energi appears to be a worthy replacement.

My next project is a 220v charging station. I already have 50A GCFI circuit in the garage. I upgraded the main power panel several years ago to 200A. Watch out using a drier 220 circuit as they are typically 30A and the specs for the 220V charging station are 32A minimum. You risk overheating the wiring.

The charger in the car draws a maximum of 16 amps regardless of what type of external charger is installed.  I use the Leviton 16 amp charger since I have no other use for it that would require more current.  I don't see ever getting an all electric car unless the range can be raised to 500 miles and there are high speed charging stations with the same density as gasoline stations.