Ford Fusion Energi Forum

TSB 13-5-18 - Trunk sagging when spoiler is present

jeff_h

• 1 month later...

Ford blew me away today!

Originally I took my car to my usual dealer for the TSB. The Service Advisor and the Service Manager did not think there was an issue and they refused to perform the TSB and were quite rude in the process, particularly the Service Manager.

I contacted Ford through Facebook and they opened a case for me that was escalated to the regional office in Orlando. I got a call from them to set up an appointment at a different dealer. I took the car to that dealer and they immediately ordered the parts to perform the TSB. When the parts arrived they called to get the TSB completed. As I mentioned above the TSB was done earlier this week.

I just a call from the Regional office to ask me if I was satisfied with the work performed by the second dealer. I told them that I was quite happy with the way the trunk is now operating.

This is where it gets interesting... The person tells me, "as an apology for your trouble with this situation, I would like to offer you the Premium Maintenance Plan for 4 years or 48K miles" I could not belive it! I was blown away. The list price of this plan is about $700.

Regards,
APM

This is where it gets interesting... The person tells me, "as an apology for your trouble with this situation, I would like to offer you the Premium Maintenance Plan for 4 years or 48K miles" I could not belive it! I was blown away. The list price of this plan is about $700.

I hope you told them that I read about your plight and was pretty disgruntled by proxy... 

• 6 months later...

When I took the TSB to the dealer they wouldn't do anything either.  Until I said "I was loading the trunk and the lid hit me in the back of the head".  THEN they would fix it under the TSB.

Same thing with the last "Dealer installed Sync update": they wouldn't do it, even though FORD said it was necessary.  As soon as I said "My iPhone isn't working properly" they did it.

So I guess the moral of the story is: Ford won't perform any preventative maintenance; they will only fix problems.  Little white lies seem to be necessary to get any work done.  It is too bad too; my Honda dealer will search for any TSBs every time I take the Odyssey in for any service and they fix them all at no cost.  Same with my Audi dealer.  

But I have to say, Ford is better than Chevy.  Chevy wouldn't fix my parking brake even when I showed them that the car rolled forward at idle with the brake set.  "It holds in reverse and that's all it needs to do".  So I aimed the car at their nice new Corvette, set the brake, put my car in drive and let it start rolling and said "so if this is how it is supposed to work you don't mind if we plow into that 'vette, right?".  They fixed it but invited me not to come back to that dealer.  

Ford, please change your dealers' attitude so that they fix TSBs without being "forced".  

Ford, please change your dealers' attitude so that they fix TSBs without being "forced".  

Better still, have dealerships check and update ALL the software in these cars each time the car visits the dealership (yes, I realize that requires time).  Microsoft pushes updates every week.  I can't imagine out out of date my car probably is.

Or, if it doesn't require some level of hardware, let US do it.  Put those updates online or do it like Tesla who can push updates to the cars as they're sitting in the garage.  Stuff like that improves the customer experience by leaps and bounds.

I think maybe that's a two-way street, as I gather from some user's description of their conversation with the dealers that some dealers may have been burned in the past by not getting Ford to cover their work that the dealer thought was under warranty but then Ford said no?  Not saying that definitely *is* the case, but when dealers are ambivalent about doing a TSB that would be covered under warranty I wonder if Ford has a tightwad policy when it comes to scrutinizing the dealer claims.  The description above about situations changing based on the way things are worded make me think this may be the case, that the dealer better darn well have a good description to note on the R.O. in order to have it covered.        Or............. the dealer could make more on straight work over warranty and prefers that, who knows... but again I wonder if the attitudes that need changing may be for both dealer and Ford?

Edited by jeff_h