Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Vehicle Health Report - ran report but don't see it

howardbc

I just ran my first Vehicle Health Report. I had gotten the "Battery Saver System" error message a couple days ago and was going to take my car to the dealer tomorrow, but wanted to run the report first. 

I followed the 7 steps listed on My Garage, but don't see any report yet. First off, where do I see it? I would prefer to see it on my PC so that I can print it out. It's been long enough that it should be available somewhere. 

I received an email on my phone that the report had been run and I went to the URL they stated, but where is my report? I am logged in. 

Help is most welcome. Thanks. 

Hi. I got the vehicle health report. I discovered that I had to log out of whatever SYNC website I was already on and then log in again, and then it showed a "Retrieve report" button. I guess it wouldn't cooperate if I was still logged in from when I started report. Who knows? Anyhow it reported most things okay except for:

"Brakes and Suspension (yikes) - Service Required"

and it looks like there might be a recall but it wouldn't display the info.

I will DEFINITELY take the car in to the dealer tomorrow.

Hi. I got the vehicle health report. I discovered that I had to log out of whatever SYNC website I was already on and then log in again, and then it showed a "Retrieve report" button. I guess it wouldn't cooperate if I was still logged in from when I started report. Who knows? Anyhow it reported most things okay except for:

You didn't release the parking brake before you ran the report.  It's reporting that the red brake light on your dash is lit.

Release the parking brake and run the report again.

Edited by murphy

Of course you want to get any notice checked out, but a friend of mine also had the "brakes and suspension" notice activate after 3 days of ownership, and it turned out that the dealer could find nothing and reset the code and it's been fine for the 8 months since. So if the brakes and suspension seem fine to you, it could be a false positive but of course get it checked out to fix whatever it is (if it is something) or to get the code cleared (if it is nothing).

Is the category of "Recalls and Field Service Actions" green or red for yours?  Below are some pics to illustrate:

1 of 3 - On my wife's Energi, the Recalls and Field Service Actions are green.

VHR3_zps6c5cf19c.jpg

2 of 3 - On my Hybrid, it shows red.

VHR7_zps3cd8c19c.jpg

3 of 3 - Click that red bar to expand, and it should give more info on what recall/service action is pending.

VHR8_zpsf32e7848.jpg

Yes, murphy, thank you. You are absolutely correct. I released the parking brake, ran the report again, and the report had no warnings about the brakes.

Sheesh. Why don't they tell you to release the parking brake?? I would never leave my car running without the parking brake on! But I have now been educated about that one little thing. I wonder what else I am assuming (incorrectly) about this car and its associated software.

Well, at least I've gotten some experience on running the Vehicle Health Report. Thanks again. It's much appreciated. You all are so helpful. 

I ran into that problem in 2009 on my Fusion Hybrid.

Another tidbit.

The car will not let you run another VHR unless something has changed or 28 days have elapsed.  I take advantage of the parking brake situation if I need to run another report before the car will let me by putting the parking brake into the opposite state from the last report.  I just joined a program with State Farm where they will get my odometer reading from a report they get direct from Ford based on a VHR and base my insurance premium on how many miles I have driven since the last premium payment.  The clerks at State Farm don't yet understand that I can't run a VHR anytime I want to so I use the parking brake anomaly to keep them happy.

You didn't release the parking brake before you ran the report.  It's reporting that the red brake light on your dash is lit.

Release the parking brake and run the report again.

Yup, I did the same thing. So, per the manual I went out and reran the report with the parking brake released. But this report never showed up on the website. When I "chatted" with the sync help they told me you only get to do one Health Report per month.