Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Delayed charging

mczajka

I've been to the MyFordMobile website and app. It appears some new features are forthcoming, but can someone explain to me how I can set my car to start charging at 3 AM (not interested in heating or cooling the cabin)? Is this possible? My garage gets very hot during the day and late evening so I'd like to delay the charging until it has cooled off a bit. The problem I see right now though is if I pull up to a charging station elsewhere (not home) it will not charge my car because I have this setup. Any ideas? I'm hoping someone who has used this extensively will respond in detail. Thanks!

MyFordMobile

Edited by mczajka

I'm currently having an issue where my car is ignoring the value charge setting despite setting it in both the car and on the website.  That aside, you can change the value charge setting on the MFT screen for when you use a public charging station.  It is on the "hybrid" screen accessed by pushing the road/leaf icon at the bottom middle.  It should be a fairly easy switch on/off.  That is unless your car behaves like mine and ignores the setting altogether. 

I think I have to do a reset of MFT but have been too lazy to do it.  After forgetting to plug it in last night because I was waiting for 10pm, I may have to reconsider my motivation.

To control when the car charges, you need to edit the default value charge profile in MyFord Mobile  This allows you to set the value charge windows for weekdays and weekends.  The light green regions are the times that it will prefer to charge when you choose the value charge option.  You may also need to set go times for when you want charging to be completed.  Unfortunately, there is only one default profile.  So you can't have different charging times for different locations.  That feature should be supported in some future release.