Ford Fusion Energi Forum

2013 Ford Fusion Keys - tons on eBay - Can you buy flip key blanks?

DAVE

I went to eBay to see about getting an extra Fusion 2013 flip key. Programming seems straight forward so long as you have the 2 original keys. I ended buying 3 keys for 45.00 and they arrived in excellent shape. There were dozens of people selling these keys as well as the Push Button FOB for the Titanium model  - 

Are people taking these keys from work, rental cars? The logical answer might be from a Ford dealer who replaced a customers key under warranty and they are not required to return the key for a core exchange. Very odd.

Does anyone know where to buy flip key blanks for the Fusion? I've found several places that sell blanks but not clear on where it will actually work. Will a Ford Dealer sell the blank ?

thanks

DAVE.

Edited by DAVE

I think I found blanks at Ali Express for 12.00 for a box of 10. I'll report back.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car-Blank-Key-ChangAn-Ford-car-blank-key-is-for-flip-key-remotes-free-shipping-economical/624338812.html

**UPDATE**

This is the wrong Key. This is a #38 Hu101for the Ford Focus. 

I'm still hunting the blanks down.

Edited by DAVE

• 1 month later...

Good news. I found a guy on eBay that sells blanks for 4.00

Here's his info: http://www.ebay.com/sch/transpondershop/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25&_trksid=p3692

I used his blanks (20.00) with the 3 Fusion 2013 key remotes I bought from eBay (45.00 for all 3) and my local True Value hardware store charged me 5.00 per key to cut. I followed the programing instructions for 3 remotes and all 3 now work perfect. I have 5 remotes so everyone now has a key and we still have a spare.

The instructions in the owners manual say that remote needs to be unused and mine were clearly used. They may have been erased before I got them or it actually makes no difference.

Quick directions - You need both remote keys that came with the car:

1. Insert 1st Key and turn to on position - wait 3-5 seconds and pull out - count to 3

2. Insert 2nd Key and turn to on position - wait 3-5 seconds and pull out - count to 3

3. Insert Blank Key and turn to on position - wait 3-5 seconds

You will see a message that says Programing Successful

Edited by DAVE