Ford Fusion Energi Forum

New MyFord Mobile Release

jrork

I put my car on charge Tuesday afternoon. 

I got a text message at 6:40 PM that the car was charged.

I left the car connected because there was a Go time for cabin pre-conditioning set for Wednesday morning.

Wednesday morning the pre-conditioning was done and the charger was off.

I disconnected the charge cable and left.

10.5 miles later as I was getting out of the car at my destination I got a text message that said: "Energi had an accidental unplug while charging".

The time on the text message was the time that I disconnected the cable from the car.

The software needs more work.

I've gotten the "Energi had an accidental unplug while charging" about three times now. Each time when I had unplugged the car myself.

Also, when I was trying, unsuccessfully, to set my Go Times I tried to reset the value charging rate table to 'Custom' and it would not let me do that either. I tried several different ways to change the values but it reverted back to the default settings every time. I gave up on that too.

I'm about to uncheck those boxes for 'accidental unplug' since it's nothing but spam and I haven't used a public charging station yet.  Besides, even if someone DID unplug it, it's only minor annoyance.  It isn't as if I'm dead in the water.

For your charge times, delete them all, wait for the system to sync, and then add them back in.  See if that works.  I did all of mine through the website, specifically for Go Times, as the car input seems to be secondary.  I did notice, when I attempted to suspend them all since I'm working out of the house for a while (no need to drive), but that apparently didn't stick the next day after I got in the car to check it, and I don't see a way to suspend all of them on MyFord (just to skip a day).  So I just broomed them all.

Ford has released an update to the MyFord Mobile system.  Updates will be noticed upon login into the website, and the corresponding Android and iPhone clients will be released soon.

Updates to the system include:

• My Driving Page
  • Trip and Charge Log
  • Custom Value Charge Profiles
  • Web Based Station Finder
  • Ability to have multiple vehicles on an account
  • Several Alerts, including Trip Ready, Charge Fault, Plug-in Reminder, and more
  • Links to Owner's manuals and How-to videos
  • PINs for mobile apps
  • several bug fixes
  • and many more...
We hope you enjoy!

--Joe Rork

MyFord Mobile

The Android app is broken since the update. You can no longer get the app to remember user name or password. Also, it keeps prompting for PIN and even though you set a pin, it never prompts it on the next login. You are taken through the pin setup process again and again. I hope this is fixed soon.

A lot of my short trips (less than 2 miles) are missing. Basically I go someplace less than 2 miles from home and comeback. The website shows only one of the trips. This is underestimating my miles by as much as 50%.

Regards,

APM

I asked about that and it is by design.  Trips under a certain mileage are not logged.  I was told it was 2 miles, but the system did grab one that was 1.6 miles once.  I made a LOT of 1 mile 'show off' drives with a load of people and none of those were logged.  I'm missing about 64 miles between my odo and what the trip log says I have.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone decipher how to use of Key Personalization at the updated MyFord Mobile web site and what it does for you?

A personalized key allows MyFord® Mobile to more accurately predict driving range based on an individual's driving style. Only trips using the personalized key will count towards predictions for that individual. To associate a particular key with a person, use the Key Usage Log below.

Edited by larryh

Basically, each key has its own trip log.  Since you probably don't trade keys with anybody else, that key is considered 'yours', and whenever that key is in the car, it will remember your most popular destinations for EV+, etc.  I was VERY surprised that it actually logs WHERE you went, which is kind of scary.  Makes you want to have a strong password (which I do... mine is garbage and random characters, case, and symbols).  You can probably create another login for the other key and that will show destinations where that particular key went.  It'd be great to eavesdrop on the other driver... especially for my friend's dad... they never know where he goes, what he's doing... and they've thought about putting a tracking program on his cell phone especially since he's getting very old and may get lost, etc.

This article is, in general, about the weaknesses in the security of car computer systems that we should all be concerned about.  In this article, hackers were able to use GM's OnStar system to seize control of the car.  I assume that could also happen with MFM.

http://news.yahoo.com/hackers-weaknesses-car-computer-systems-134038212.html

Stefan Savage, a UCSD computer science professor, said he and other researchers could control nearly everything but the car's steering. "We could have turned the brakes off. We could have killed the engine. We could have engaged the brakes," he said

Edited by larryh

• 3 weeks later...

Having an issue with my charge locations. Home page says "My Black NRG is at home, charging". However, under Charge Settings/Value Charge Profiles, I only see Default. My Charge Locations does not show me a saved or unsaved location that corresponds to my address. My goal is to have a home location that only charges during value time and to then have Default be in charge now mode. I can see the locations of public chargers in my unsaved location, but not my home. Any thoughts?

I did, but it does not show up as a saved location.  I want "Home" to use value charging and pretty much everything else to be default set to charge now.  When parked at home, it uses default - so I have to remember to set it to value each time (assuming that I changed it to charge now at a free public spot).  Annoying...  Do not know why Home does not show up under saved locations.  Or, for that matter, why there isn't a reset that will let me "reestablish" home.  As in the case of moving...

I did, but it does not show up as a saved location.  I want "Home" to use value charging and pretty much everything else to be default set to charge now.  When parked at home, it uses default - so I have to remember to set it to value each time (assuming that I changed it to charge now at a free public spot).  Annoying...  Do not know why Home does not show up under saved locations.  Or, for that matter, why there isn't a reset that will let me "reestablish" home.  As in the case of moving...

Did you create the Home location based on your house address or on the GPS coordinates where you park your car?

My house address on the map that MFM uses is no where near where my house is actually located.

I think I saved the current location in the car and then renamed it to Home.

I have Default and Home listed as charging locations.

Unfortunately my electric rate is the same 24 hours a day so I have never used value charging.

• 9 months later...

What would be just splendid in the MyFord Mobile App is a couple of things:

1. Ability to set a one time use go time. I don't go to a grocery store on a schedule. Instead I'd love to tell the car to be ready in 15 min.

2. Ability to open and close windows remotely.

Another strangeness I've noticed is the "alarm sounding" alert. I had my car broken into last year by breaking the rear passenger window. While I have no way of knowing if the alarm went off, I didn't get any alerts on either email, text or app. Not sure if this is the issue with MyFord Mobile, but I did ask the dealer about it and they told me that alarm would only sound if the door was opened. It wouldn't sound on broken window. Is that true?

• 4 months later...

In the initial release of MFM, it you selected the same priority for multiple windows, MFM would change the priorities that you had assigned to make them all different.  When I would go back to look at the priorities, I would see different priorities than what I had saved.  They must have since then fixed the problem.

Edited by larryh