Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Bright brake and accelerator pedal covers

BadRock

My Fusion Energi Titanium didn't come with the Bright brake and accelerator pedal covers (pictured below) as described in the product brochure and the dealer was of no help so I contacted Ford and she goes in tomorrow to have them installed. Ford agreed that it should have had them and marked the car as a mis-build. Gotta love when they agree with you.

2013-Ford-Fusion-Titanium_aluminum-pedal

Product Brochure - http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Fusion&year=2013

I know there was a lot of discussion about the aluminum pedal covers being dropped for the Hybrid Titanium and subsequent $100 price reduction.  Was this not applicable to the Energi?  I can't remember if the one I test drove had the aluminum pedals or not.  It's supposedly been corrected for 2014 and all Titaniums will have them.

Good for you BadRock!  I remember somewhere in this forum someone mentioned the dates when these aluminum pedal covers became available but I don't remember where that was posted.  Does anyone remember the date after which they became available?  Cars before that date I suppose would not qualify, those after that date do.  I told one dealer that they must have ordered all their Energi's early in the year since none had the aluminum pedals...

TX NRG posted this...

From the Feb 27th price list change posted on BOF: "Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Fusion Energi Titanium will not have Aluminum Brake and Accelerator Pedals and the price has been reduced by $100 MSRP."

Vehicles manufactured later would not have the aluminum pedals.  I thought it was the other way around.  So if BadRock is able to get the aluminum pedals I'll ask about mine.   :)

murphy, you had mentioned to me that since the window sticker on my car said 2 15 2013 that my manufacture date was probably 2/28.  Anything for free would be great!

TX NRG posted this...

From the Feb 27th price list change posted on BOF: "Fusion Hybrid Titanium and Fusion Energi Titanium will not have Aluminum Brake and Accelerator Pedals and the price has been reduced by $100 MSRP."

Vehicles manufactured later would not have the aluminum pedals.  I thought it was the other way around.  So if BadRock is able to get the aluminum pedals I'll ask about mine.   :)

murphy, you had mentioned to me that since the window sticker on my car said 2 15 2013 that my manufacture date was probably 2/28.  Anything for free would be great!

I don't remember what I said but the build date is usually 7 days after the date on the sticker.  You can get the actual build date by entering your VIN on the ETIS web site.

http://www.etis.ford.com

My Fusion Energi Titanium didn't come with the Bright brake and accelerator pedal covers (pictured below) as described in the product brochure and the dealer was of no help so I contacted Ford and she goes in tomorrow to have them installed. Ford agreed that it should have had them and marked the car as a mis-build. Gotta love when they agree with you.

2013-Ford-Fusion-Titanium_aluminum-pedal

Product Brochure - http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Fusion&year=2013

I really like those and my car does not have them... What number did you call?

Thanks,

APM

No joy for me on the bright pedals.

The Ford Regional Manager said that the change was made Januanry 1st. They must have re-created the stickers because my sticker says base price $40,100. The manufacture date of the vehicle is Feb 8 and the sticker date is Feb 15.

Effective march 1, 2013 the aluminum brake and accelerator pedals were deleted from the Hybrid and Energi Titanium models and the base MSRP price was reduced by $100.

BadRock, what did you tell them that convinced them to do it for you? What are the manufacture date and sticker dates on your car? 

Regards,

APM

• 8 months later...

Well, I finally have my original 2 issues resolved!  It ONLY took 9 months.....

When I bought my Energi it came with the cargo net but the 2 upper hooks were not included.  My vehicle was also supposed to have the Aluminum pedals.  Many emails and phone calls to my dealer, a call to Ford Customer Relations, and then 2 emails to Ashley here on this forum finally resulted in action.  Ashley was the key.

I received all the parts yesterday via UPS.  The aluminum pedals had to be ordered from Ford in Michigan.  So the parts routed from Michigan to San Diego and then to me.  I have scheduled an appointment with my local dealer to install the accelerator pedal.  The cargo net hooks and brake pedal cover were easy to install.  The accelerator pedal is also easy to install but I don't feel like lying on my back in the footwell.

After next week's appointment I hope I don't have to schedule other unplanned visits to my local dealer.

Well, I finally have my original 2 issues resolved!  It ONLY took 9 months.....

When I bought my Energi it came with the cargo net but the 2 upper hooks were not included.  My vehicle was also supposed to have the Aluminum pedals.  Many emails and phone calls to my dealer, a call to Ford Customer Relations, and then 2 emails to Ashley here on this forum finally resulted in action.  Ashley was the key. ...

Eric4539,

I'm glad to hear I was able to help get this resolved for you! Let me know if you need anything in the future. :)

Ashley

• 1 year later...