Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Heat Temp Set to 0 Degrees - What?!?!

Dag

My car sleeps in the Garage, and the go times generally seem to work.  It's not 72 in the car, but I also don't exactly leave on time either.  This particular morning, I got in the car, and as I was driving, I could not get any hot air out of the climate control.  The temperature on the screen said 0 degrees.  I pressed the Plus and it jumped to 19 degrees, once.  That was it.  I pressed the minus, and it went to 0 and stayed there.  I stopped at the gym for a bit.  As I was leaving the gym the remote start did not work.  I got in the car, the temp still was 0.  So I drove to work with the climate control off.  Every once in awhile I'd turn it on to see if I could get something besides 0 on the temp.  I could not.

As I was about 2 miles from work, I remembered there was a climate adjust on the right steering wheel control.  The dash read 0 degrees, and I pressed the up arrow, and it jumped to LO.  Then seemed to work, it even reset the main screen.  All is well….

Or NOT..

As I was leaving work, again the remote start didn't work.  So when I got in the car, I went through the setting on the left steering wheel control for remote start.  Under climate control, there is no longer an option to make any changes.  (It had worked before, I'm positive) but now, every single option is greyed out.  I can not make any changes to the remote start operation.  Obviously it's going to the dealership, but anyone else had this happen? 

IMG_9728.jpg

IMG_9734.jpg

Can't say that I've experienced that.  Could try pulling the 12v negative battery cable and resetting the car... see if that brings it back.

At least it wasn't trying to run the A/C and actually bring the car's interior temp to 0. :)  Could try a voice command and ask it to set to whatever temp you want.

Can't say that I've experienced that.  Could try pulling the 12v negative battery cable and resetting the car... see if that brings it back.

At least it wasn't trying to run the A/C and actually bring the car's interior temp to 0. :)  Could try a voice command and ask it to set to whatever temp you want.

Well, I don't know that it wasn't doing that. every time I turned it on, the air was extremely cold. It would blow at full speed. So I'd just turn it right back off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a somewhat similar issue on Friday.  Somehow my HVAC settings had been changed from single mode to dual.  That by itself isn't a big deal (maybe I accidentally pushed a temperature arrow on the passenger side).  However, it was set to 63° for the driver and 19° for the passenger.  This is quite a bit lower than "LO". 

Until I just did the math, I assumed the passenger was somehow showing Celsius instead of Fahrenheit, but 19°C is ~66°F (and 63°F is ~17°C), meaning it was at least a couple of degrees different. Eventually I clicked around enough times that the passenger matched the drivers setpoint again (I think clicking "Dual" did the trick).

I haven't had many trips since, but it hasn't happened again yet, but I'll keep an eye on it.

post-571-0-88184800-1398655422_thumb.jpg

post-571-0-88704200-1398655424_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...