Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Doesn't charge and red warning triangle is on charger adapter

Nathan Steele

See picture. There's a red warning triangle with an exclamation lit up on my 110 volt charger adapter brick. Car is not charging now. I reseated the J1772 connector and unplugged the adapter brick to reset everything but there was no improvement. The smartphone app just says the car is waiting to charge.Value charge is off and car already synced. The blue ring lights up briefly so the car seems to know it's plugged in.

post-695-0-48011000-1393812458_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nathan Steele

Is the triangle blinking or solid?

Did you connect the charger to the AC power before you connected it to the car?

Is the AC receptacle a direct connection to the main panel?

If it's not and something else on the same circuit is drawing power the voltage may be too low for the charger.

Turn everything that is on the same circuit off.

Edited by murphy

The adapter brick showed the red triangle when using any outlet throughout the house (without plugging in the car). Then the LEDs behaved erratically and sometimes were dimly lit while I tapped the adapter brick on a hard surface and eventually all the LEDs turned off even though it was still plugged into the wall. I think the adapter is malfunctioning and I'll see if the dealer will replace it. I use this adapter outside and I think it might need a little birdhouse or plastic bin to shelter it where it connects to the extension cord.