Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Fusion Energi Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Fusion Energi Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of the Ford Fusion Energi Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album, post images and more. . .
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Love your Fusion Energi? Register it in the official authorized Ford Energi Registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Car didn't update Daylight Savings Time

Go Times Daylight Savings Time Clock

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Russael

Russael

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,448 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:1999 EB 4x4 Expedition, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2013

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:42 AM

Has anybody else experienced their car NOT updating their internal clocks to Daylight Savings Time on Sunday?  I didn't use my car yesterday, but when I went to leave today, noticed that my car wasn't preconditioning and was still stone cold.  I had skipped my Go Time on Sunday and briefly thought that it skipped my Monday one too, but then after I turned the car on, noticed my clock was an hour slow.

Yes, DST is enabled and I even tried updating the car with the GPS time, but that updates an hour slow as well.  So for now, it's manually forwarded an hour.

I am The White Fury in Region 5 on MyFord Mobile.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:27 AM

MFT doesn't know about DST.  I have read that at one time it did and they removed it. 

Press the GPS clock set button and then press the hour up button.

#3 OFFLINE   Russael

Russael

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,448 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:1999 EB 4x4 Expedition, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

I'm dumb... I mis-read the timezone update as DST...  That's what I get for looking at this stuff before coffee.

Edited by Russael, 10 March 2014 - 06:00 AM.

I am The White Fury in Region 5 on MyFord Mobile.

#4 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 227 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:14 AM

Has anybody else experienced their car NOT updating their internal clocks to Daylight Savings Time on Sunday?  I didn't use my car yesterday, but when I went to leave today, noticed that my car wasn't preconditioning and was still stone cold.  I had skipped my Go Time on Sunday and briefly thought that it skipped my Monday one too, but then after I turned the car on, noticed my clock was an hour slow.

Yes, DST is enabled and I even tried updating the car with the GPS time, but that updates an hour slow as well.  So for now, it's manually forwarded an hour.

Hey Russael,

murphy is right; the MyFord Touch system will not automatically update the clock to account for daylight savings time if you have V3.6.2 installed. This will need to be manually adjusted. It sounds like you've already done that though. :) 

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t@FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFusion facebook.com/Ford

#5 OFFLINE   comike

comike

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 47 posts
  • LocationCO
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi
  • My Fusion's Year:2014

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Hey Russael,

murphy is right; the MyFord Touch system will not automatically update the clock to account for daylight savings time if you have V3.6.2 installed. This will need to be manually adjusted. It sounds like you've already done that though. :)

Kim

Every computerized device I've purchased in the last 5+ years automatically updates the time when DST starts and ends.  As "connected" as this car is, why doesn't it do this automatically?  I'm quite surprised -- and disappointed -- by this.

Mike

• TX NRG likes this

#6 OFFLINE   FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDearborn, MI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion
  • My Fusion's Year:Decline

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:49 PM

Every computerized device I've purchased in the last 5+ years automatically updates the time when DST starts and ends.  As "connected" as this car is, why doesn't it do this automatically?  I'm quite surprised -- and disappointed -- by this.

Mike

I'm unable to speculate on why this specific option isn't available. I can only confirm that this was an intentional design decision for V3.6.2. This is the best place for our product development team to see owner's suggestions: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ I encourage you to take check it out and submit your suggestion. 

Kim

FORD IN-VEHICLE TECHNOLOGY TEAM

p800.392.FORD (Prompts 1 then 3)
t@FordService @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFusion facebook.com/Ford

#7 OFFLINE   SD Diver

SD Diver

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 141 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium, 2014 Focus EV

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

One possible explanation could be with utility companies. Despite the time change, in San Diego, SDG&E is not changing our value times. Instead of midnight to 5 am, until the 2nd week of April out value time is 1 am to 6 am. So, leaving the car as is means I still charge during the lowest rates and I don't have to change the charge times. I'll set my clock when sdg&e changes their times.

Tuxedo Black Energi Titanium

Purchased 9/11/13

Moonroof

Driver Assist Package

Navigation

Cargo Net

Side Molding

Splash Guards

35%/25% Window tint

234268.png

#8 OFFLINE   flyingcheesehead

flyingcheesehead

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSE WI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Fusion's Year:2015

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:47 PM

I'm unable to speculate on why this specific option isn't available. I can only confirm that this was an intentional design decision for V3.6.2. This is the best place for our product development team to see owner's suggestions: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/ I encourage you to take check it out and submit your suggestion. 

Kim

Intentional design decision? Why on earth would that decision be made?!?!? 

List of things that update DST on their own:

1. My three computers

2. My tablet

3. My phone

4. My alarm clock

5. My kitchen appliances

6. My TVs and other entertainment devices

7. My thermostat

List of things that don't update DST on their own:

1. My Ford cars, each of which cost more than the entire above list combined.

This is inexcusable. I've bought not one, but TWO new Fords in the last four months. Had I known just how bad the design of the electronics was, I'd have gotten a Subaru instead. VERY frustrating!

#9 OFFLINE   flyingcheesehead

flyingcheesehead

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSE WI
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

BTW, for others: The link in the post I quoted for sharing your ideas with Ford is broken. Instead, go here and click "Post": https://social.ford....en/explore.html

#10 OFFLINE   Hybridbear

Hybridbear

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,052 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:22 AM

1. My three computers

2. My tablet

3. My phone

4. My alarm clock

5. My kitchen appliances

7. My thermostat

This is inexcusable. I've bought not one, but TWO new Fords in the last four months. Had I known just how bad the design of the electronics was, I'd have gotten a Subaru instead. VERY frustrating!

Can you provide a list of cars that do update DST on their own? It's not like most cars on the road do this and Ford is the only automaker that doesn't offer this feature.

I've also never seen thermostats, kitchen appliances or TVs that update the clock automatically. You must have pretty new technology in those areas of your house.

• Timewellspent likes this

Current vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic (The Snow Queen on MFM)

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm (Elektra on MFM)

315692.png

Previous vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#11 OFFLINE   Rexracer

Rexracer

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 407 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:28 AM

1. My three computers

2. My tablet

3. My phone

4. My alarm clock

5. My kitchen appliances

7. My thermostat

Its probably because some places do NOT do DST, i.e. Arizona. So its not an issue of "can it" (since at once time it was enabled) but a decision was made to NOT do it, figuring on a pro/con list.

When people through out "This is inexcusable" I sort of chuckle, I mean really? That's pretty strong language/feelings about something that takes 5-10 seconds to remedy, doesn't inhibit the use of the vehicle, and only occurs twice per year.

If it makes you feel better, think of the 20 seconds you lose each year by having to manually go and adjust the clock, and then subtract that by the lack of trips to the gas station. Going to the gas station is a 5-10 minute affair? I'm down from weekly fill ups to every 6 weeks, so that's ~9 trips compared to 52 trips to the gas station. 43 less trips x 5 minutes per trip is 215 minutes!

215 minutes is WAY more then 20 seconds... ;-)

• TX NRG and Hybridbear like this

#12 OFFLINE   Doug0716

Doug0716

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 183 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

While so places don't do DST that's no excuse, really.  It has GPS and knows what state you're in.  Heck it could even read the time from it's data 2G radio.  I could understand if they didn't do it internationally because that makes it even more complicated, but I don't get why you would remove a feature you already had.  If you're worried about it becoming obsolete then just put an option to turn DST Updates on/off, then the majority of users can take advantage of it and those with special circumstances (such as time value charging not changing) can simply turn it off.

Is it a little annoying two times a year?  Yes.  Is it really that big of a deal that I would consider another car over this one because of it? No.

2015 Ford Fusion Energi - Magnetic Silver - Charcoal Black Interior

ACC + Heated/Cooled Seats + Heated Steering + Nav + Driver Assist Package (BLIS + Lane Departure) + Rear Inflatable Seatbelts

#13 OFFLINE   Hybridbear

Hybridbear

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:27 AM

but I don't get why you would remove a feature you already had

When did this feature previously exist that it was subsequently removed?

Current vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic (The Snow Queen on MFM)

315692.png

Previous vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#14 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Energi Member

• Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 2,119 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:20 AM

My car didn't precondition this morning.  This is my only precondition event and it was set up many months ago during standard time.  I set the clock in the car by doing a GPS sync and then a + on the hour digit after DST was in effect.  I had to leave so I couldn't let it sit to see if it would happen an hour late.

#15 OFFLINE   Hybridbear

Hybridbear

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:38 AM

My car didn't precondition this morning.  This is my only precondition event and it was set up many months ago during standard time.  I set the clock in the car by doing a GPS sync and then a + on the hour digit after DST was in effect.  I had to leave so I couldn't let it sit to see if it would happen an hour late.

I changed the time in the car so that it matches my phone (the car shows the correct DST time). Preconditioning worked Sunday, Monday & yesterday. You should confirm that the car time matches the time shown on your phone. Make sure the time zone is also correct.

Current vehicles

315692.png

Previous vehicles

252543.png167422.png

#16 OFFLINE   Rexracer

Rexracer

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 407 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Energi

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

While so places don't do DST that's no excuse, really.  It has GPS and knows what state you're in.  Heck it could even read the time from it's data 2G radio.  I could understand if they didn't do it internationally because that makes it even more complicated, but I don't get why you would remove a feature you already had.  If you're worried about it becoming obsolete then just put an option to turn DST Updates on/off, then the majority of users can take advantage of it and those with special circumstances (such as time value charging not changing) can simply turn it off.

Is it a little annoying two times a year?  Yes.  Is it really that big of a deal that I would consider another car over this one because of it? No.

While I totally agree with everything your saying, working in products development you quickly learn that "you can't please 100% of people 100% of the time" .

Last year or so a new owner here on the forum said something to the effect of "This is ridiculous that this car does not have power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, what kind of garbage is this, Ford must be run by a bunch of lobotomized monkey's..." Or something like that. Well I for one don't want this features as it adds weight, needless complexity, and cost. Seriously how often do you adjust your steering column that you need it to be powered?

Do I understand the logic of not having this automatically update DST time? Nope, not at all. Am I get going worry myself about it since its so easy to rectify? For about 2-3 seconds, which is the time it takes to correct the clock, then forget about it. Until there is a huge discussion about it on the forum... ;-) 

• Hybridbear likes this

#17 OFFLINE   Rhynri

Rhynri

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

You know, you're all asking the wrong question.  This is the right one to ask: 

Edited by Rhynri, 11 March 2015 - 08:09 AM.

• Russael, Eric4539, Hybridbear and 2 others like this

#18 OFFLINE   Eric4539

Eric4539

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 391 posts
  • LocationCentral Valley

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

Rhynri, that video is soooo funny!

Obviously our Energi's are smarter than cows!  :)

Ginger Ale Energi Titanium

Purchased 6/29/13 from dealer inventory

Moonroof

Driver Assist Package

Adaptive Cruise Control

Navigation

Active Park Assist

All Weather Floor Mats

Cargo Net

#19 OFFLINE   Doug0716

Doug0716

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 183 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:41 PM

When did this feature previously exist that it was subsequently removed?

I was going off of murphy's post above and the Ford tech specifying it doesn't do it if you have a specific version.

2015 Ford Fusion Energi - Magnetic Silver - Charcoal Black Interior

ACC + Heated/Cooled Seats + Heated Steering + Nav + Driver Assist Package (BLIS + Lane Departure) + Rear Inflatable Seatbelts

#20 OFFLINE   shaggy314

shaggy314

Energi Member

• Fusion Energi Member
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCentral Texas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Energi, 65k miles 98.5 MPGe

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:13 AM

Yeah, I vote we just get rid of Daylight 'savings' time al together. Along with voting on a TUESDAY...

• meyersnole and bwheetley like this

178796.png

Fusion Energi [P0S, J4, 800A, 53B, 60N, 13B]
Ordered: 10-Jan-2013   Built: 24-May-2013   Delivered: 7-JUN-2013 (149 days); 14 miles @ full charge

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Go Times, Daylight Savings Time, Clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·